Ultimate Subaru Message Board

IMPREZA 1.5 R NEED SPEED

coenraad

I have this car now for 3 years and it is a little what can i do to make it faster. I was thinking engine swap with wrx engine but don't know what engine with. pleas need anything to make it faster and what body kits can i put on it. website link will also help to buying products and parts

What's your idea of "fast"? Basically any NA EJ2x swap will be heaps more power over whatever is already there. A bone stock STi engine with 300hp (or whatever they have) might be enough, but you'll need all the electronics from the donor to make it easier. Similar years to what you already have would be easier too. Best bet is Google your year Impreza and look at videos of what others have done to theirs, as you can do the same with yours.

If you want really fast for little money, do a V8 Chevy swap. If you can live with a carb instead of fuel injection, your costs will be significantly LESS, not to mention your options will be greatly improved.

Hell, you could buy a Chevy Van with a 350 and stick that in. Put some newer model factory heads on it and you'll have more power than most modded WRX. Could even grab a 351W or 302 Ford and swap that. Run a 5 speed trans to a solid rear. Either of those engines will go as fast as you want them to go.