Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I'd like to upgrade the exhaust. But all I can seem to find is set ups for GT wagons. Does anyone have any expierience with this? Will it work?

ID also llike to upgrade the suspension. I've been looking at coilovers, I don't want to drop a whole ton on something like Tien's. Any suggestions?

Forgive me if I'm wrong (and someone here should correct me if so) but in the North American market a 2002 legacy L and a legacy GT are really the same car. The GT had different trim and options, maybe a different diff ratio or something. Otherwise the engine/transmission/undercarriage, and therefore exhaust, should all be either identical or so close it doesn't matter.

In other markets the GT may have been a turbo car but it wasn't here. 

I'm not sure about your suspension questions, though. Good luck with that part of it.

Depends on what year GT. 2000-2004 GT used basically the same exhaust.

2005 and later the GT was turbo and the exhaust was entirely different. Cat-back was similar, but I'm not sure of fitment between 2005 and prior years.

Try to stick to 2000-2004 year range and everything should fit fine.

It's really easy to poke under the car and just get an idea for the shape of the exhaust that's on the car. If what you see in pics online doesn't look anything remotely like what's on your car, chances are good it won't fit.