Ultimate Subaru Message Board

brumby Brat struts

ARJ

not have personal experience yet it seems to have been done - more easily with the no longer in production Bratgeebah Crosbred conversion kit that was around A $1300 last time I asked. On top of this the actual donor parts were needed. Others with engineering abilities and access to machining/manufacturing services have done it other ways.

There are a LOT of threads on this, but nothing that covers the job from end to end as there are so many different Subaru donor cars. I am doing this myself with a SF Forester on to a Brumby at the moment, and from what I have researched the critical part is the XT6 rear hubs (which were copied for the Crossbred kit), and the rest is a combination of parts from the donor car and the existing car - with some drilling of the rear EJ backing plate, and reaming of the front knuckle.

The short answer is, no you can't simply use an EJ-based late model Subaru and fit them to get to 5 studs - the front can be done (with the above mentioned reaming), but the back needs the XT6 rear hubs. I was lucky enough to get the latter from the B/S/T section recently from a member, and am now waiting for new lug studs to arrive from the US (unique to the XT6, smaller knurl size than the other models)...

Think there is a misunderstanding here I wanted to fit the Leone RX turbo (ea82t) 1986 to 1989 front struts with the larger brake callipers and rotors to a brat ,brumby the angle to the wheel axels is slightly different to the standard brat , brumby struts . Will this cause when'll alignment hassels The disc mounts can be redrilled

Maybe spacers on strut mounts to compensate for angle difference .?

ARJ

• 2 weeks later...

theory suggests not, but have seen pics of the suggested combo and owner denies any problems, just an extra square inch of brake pads either side of both rotors ! There are also seal differences on the inner side of the hub.You might be the pioneer - take pics !