Ultimate Subaru Message Board

super swampers

Uberoo

Has anyone compared the 29x10.5x15 radial tsl to the 29x8.5x15 bias tsl on a subaru before?

the bias tsl's have more tread and are usually $10-15 cheaper than the radials, but the bias tires like to flat spot.Other than flatspotting is there any other issue with the bias tires offroad?weaker sidewalls,weaker tread?

Generally, bias are better for more wheeling. radials are better for more on road driving. either one will wear like iron on a Subaru.(unless a shite ton of road miles.)

"flat spotting" is due to the softer compound of the rubbers involved in the manufacture process.hence the better gription you get when wheeling and hit something hard, like rocks. Just go radial . It will make your life easier.

cheers

• Like 2

bias ply tires dont seem to have the wet weather traction on pavement and maybe its just me but they seemed to want to bounce like a basket ball when aired all the way up radials are way more predictable on the road bias plys are saposed to flex better to fit the terain but i dident experance that my self but thats why they get flat spots there conforming to the serface there siting on i ran them for over a year i ran them at 5psi to keep the bounce in check city trafic in the rain got scary but thats the only time i realy noticed a differance on or off road if your ever gona use it as a street rig get radials if its a dirt rig that dosent see reguler street use get bias plys

While I would drive on the road that would only consist of driving 17 miles to the wheeling area or terrorizing the neighborhood.So from that use I would say the bias tires would be just fine.However, because things break or I don't have money my wheeling rig might sit in one place for 1-2 months or so..

Spend the extra money.  I've used both.  The skinnier bias ply ones tend to get junk in the bead all the time.  They are super noisy and indeed have the flat spots every morning.  They kill the mud, look great, but go with the radials.  The bias ply ones wear really fast too.

ferp.  We need to get you some punctuation.  Your long rambling sentences with no punctuation or caps makes it tough to decipher what you're trying to say.  Just saying.