Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Low budget 15" wheels ~ what do you think of these?

Low Budget 15" Wheels Choices  

26 members have voted

1. 1. How do these Rims Looks on my "BumbleBeast" Subaru?

• Too much Bling-Bling! (Ricer)
    • Great choice! ~ (Balance between Usefulness and Looks)
    • Lousy choice (Redneck)

I kind of like the pinstripe around the edge. It just breaks up the colour a little bit so the black isn't so overpowering.

As I've been planning to paint my car yellow also, I decided to keep the full rubbing strips around the car, including through the bumper sections, to break up the colour. And I was planning to leave the chrome highlights around the windows in place, despite the turbo models here being blacked out, including the door handles.

I've also been planning some highlights on the rims.

Is it just me, or are the trim lines on your bumpers filled in? I've been trying to figure how to do this with the rear bumper because that crease/trim line doesn't line up with the rest of the car. It does on sedans & coupes, and just looks wrong for the wagons. I've got an extra pair of door trims that I'm thinking about putting across the bottom of the tailgate (will require some trimming) to make the rubbing strip extend the full way around the car.

• Like 1

... last time jes showed a 80 lbs box with rear discs , spindles, etc. from new hampshire USA,  for the car of his wife

Oh yes, that Box was Big and Heavyweighted!

Let me Share a post, with a couple of Photos:

The Box at Home! 

... :) ...

Here it lies at the Garage, next to my Li'l Daughter's Bike

and the Wooden PlayHouse I Built for her

Caja2.jpg

Caja5.jpg

... I sent him a box full of Subaru models and die-cast. Although I sent it to his courier service in FL. :)

Yes, those are Really Awesome, the very Best on my Subaru Stuff Collection

Let me Share a post, with a Photo:

NewPackfromTom2.jpg

Thank you again, Thomas, for your Gifts that I treasure,

and for your comments, which I really appreciate.

Kind Regards.

• Like 2

would really be fairer if the white rim option was included in the comparo photos eh ?

Ooh care parcel from the USA :( :(  Marky !!

SNAP on that plastic model Jesz ! Got same, unnassembled, requires about 60 bucks worth of paints to build it !!

• Like 1

would really be fairer if the white rim option was included in the comparo photos eh ? ...

Yes, but I don't like too much a plain White wheels on my Radioactive Yellow Wagon  :D

I hate to add to the mix, but I have some Nissan 16" 6 spoke rims that you might be interested in. They have the 4x114.3 pattern...

Thank you, Nathan, I really appreciate your Kind Offer, but I already have a set of 15" tires, all-terrain 25" tall, that are not completely new, but in a much Better shape than the ones that I already have on my "BumbleBeast" so, going up to 16" wheels, means to me to buy another tires' Set, which I could not afford, however I thank you so much, for your kind offer.

The idea of bring a set of four used, lightweight aluminium wheels from USA for my subie, is not too crazy, because I've been searching locally for those Nissan 240SX 15" aluminium wheels, without any luck, seems like they're more scarce that what I thought...

I'll try at e-Bay and compare the Wheel's price + Shipping & Handling to my "Virtual Address" in Florida, USA; at the courier & Cargo Co; then add the other shipping, handling and import fees cost, to Honduras, and see if the effort / price \ product will worth to do that.

Kind Regards.

I kind of like the pinstripe around the edge. It just breaks up the colour a little bit so the black isn't so overpowering...

I too like the Black or the Black with the pinstripe...

I Agree.

In case I could obtain those wheels, I will paint them Black with Yellow Accents for sure, but I don't know yet if I will paint a Yellow outer edge, pinstripes around the openings, or yellow the inside part of the openings, or a mix...

I'm still searching for those wheels, not only locally but already I started searching online ... also seems like those wheels are scarce online ... only found one so far, and the price is expensive:

~► http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Used-1991-1992-1993-1994-Nissan-240SX-15-Factory-Wheel-OEM-Rim-62287-/181307448653

I continue searching locally, I'll travel to the main cities' Junk Yards, known here as "Yonkers" ... there are many cities, each has some junk yards, but I think that I'll start by traveling with my family to the main cities, starting at the city of San Pedro Sula (over 1.5 million population) nearby the caribbean coast, which has many junk yards, also if I couldn't find those wheels there, I'll go to the twin cities that conforms our capital city (Tegucigalpa & Comayagüela = another 1.5 Million population) nearby the pacific ocean's coast, which also has many junk yards...

(Remember; as usual on my posts, underlined words are web link to interesting photos and more info on the subject:)

Kind Regards.

I was replying to Funk's photoshop picture showing the black rims. Which looked better all black than I thought they would. I guess a picture is worth a thousand words. The yellow pin strip looks pretty good too!

The wheels in plain aluminum really don't do much for the looks of your car.

Sorry for the confusion.

• Like 1

mmmm, kind of like the blackout roof on that one too.

Thought about also doing that with mine, because the other thing I don't like about the touring wagons is that because the tailgate window is higher, the garnish beside them also extends higher, and then don't line up with the rain rails.

But then it'll also hide the factory rubber rear spoiler I've got. Something that's really unique.

• Like 1

... I've been planning to paint my car yellow also...

If you paint yours Yellow also, Please don't forget to share Photos here.  :)

I've photos of other members who has painted their old-school Subarus in Yellow,

In USA, New Zealand, Puerto Rico, Europe ... as you can see in this old Post:

Some People Didn't Liked my Wagon, but other People take it as an inspiration ...

in the Ausubaru Forums, a Member named: "L-Raiser" Wrote about my Wagon:

Ive just looked over his site and man...

...But he is definately a Subi nut like all of us....which is good...  B) 

I like his choice in colour....  When Ive finished my rebuild my car will look similar....if not better? ;)

Kaz

As you can read directly on This Thread, there:

~► http://www.ausubaru.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5373&page=2

Look at Post Nº 17 ... this is How "L-Raiser" Subie Looks now:

L-Raiser.jpg?t=1291829578

... Is it just me, or are the trim lines on your bumpers filled in? ...

Both Bumpers were Modified & Reinforced by me, in both my Subaru Wagons,

the EA82 "BumbleBeast" and the dead 2.7 Wagon project,

as you can see photos, ~► Here.

... the rear bumper because that crease/trim line doesn't line up with the rest of the car...

Yes, exactly what I thought since I have this car,

almost thirty years ago so far...

mmmm, kind of like the blackout roof on that one too...

I don't like that, but a friend who is another USMB Member, Caramanos 2000,

painted his Wagon "La Abuela" (The Grandmother) in Yellow like Mine,

but with Blackened Roof and Hood, let me share a photo with you:

abuela.jpg

... other thing I don't like about the touring wagons is that because the tailgate window is higher, the garnish beside them also extends higher, and then don't line up with the rain rails...

Once again: I Always thought Exactly the Same.

I don't like Touring Wagons for that mere reason indeed.

... the factory rubber rear spoiler I've got. Something that's really unique.

Let me tell you that the Rubber Spoiler, is in fact, the Real Third Gen Leone (EA82) Spoiler, but Subaru offered it as part of their "Top of the Line" Models, fully loaded with Extras, such like the GTII and STII Wagons; the common "Wing" Spoiler seen on third gen wagons, is taken in fact from the Second Gen (EA81) Leone lineup.

Kind Regards.

I was replying to Funk's photoshop picture showing the black rims...

Sorry for the confusion.

No problem:) 

BTW, I'm waiting for the "donk" photoshop version :P

if I knew how to make work in my photo editor...

...but I'm lazier than usual today

If you can make a photo montage, with both side wheels spinning,

That would be Fun and nice to see ...  :D ...

Kind Regards.

Here, the spec was separated by the low roof vs high roof. The only low roof in a higher spec (and had the side trims on the tailgate), but still only manual windows, were the GL 2WD & single range 4wd, which were only sold here in 85 and maybe 86.

I need to find someone good at photoshop to do some dummy renditions of how I'm thinking my car will look (and whether the effort to achieve this will be worthwhile).

Problem is that I checked out a GTii Touring Wagon over the holidays, and whilst mine's got no rust, it's rust around the windscreen isn't so bad as I thought. Now I'm in 2 minds whether to put my RX checkered interior in that one, or strip that one & do a swap into my bodyshell. Both need a paint job (but mine only cos it's now about 5 different colours...)

• Like 1

plastidip comes in both liquid for paint sprayers, and in rattle can form.  no idea about where in your country they would be, but here most hardware stores will carry at least the pre-canned version.  The cans are about $10 each, would probably take just over 1 can for your rims.  Ebay and Amazon will have it for sure.  

if you strike out completely I could buy a couple cans and ship it to you.  you would have to pay the shipping of course, and I don't know what that would be or if its worth it.  

my thoughts are black out the rims, then paint the angled portion of the cutouts yellow.  looks like theres a good two inches of material there that is at a very steep angle and would help draw the eye to the star pattern.  either black with yellow cutouts, or aluminum with black cutouts.  heres a picture of a jeep rim with a similar style to what I am thinking.

post-12684-0-41935900-1421884336_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I had to sell those, a year ago...

see ~► Here for further information and photos.

Kind Regards.

At least I have good taste!

I vaguely remember reading that last year now, this has been kinda a whirl wind of a year with a lot of stuff happening.

I feel for your loss though too.

• Like 1

... need a paint job (but mine only cos it's now about 5 different colours...)

I'll Like to see photos of your Subie with Five Different Colours.  :) 

My '69 Coupe also has been thru many colours during all these years...

... I could buy a couple cans and ship it to you.  you would have to pay the shipping of course, and I don't know what that would be or if its worth it...

I Appreciate your kind will of helping me, but certain items such like chemicals, could Not be shipped internationally using any "Mail" service, due to legal regulations; I learned that in the Hard Way, in year 2006, my dear friend Bucky92 obtained a couple of cans of Seafoam for me, She sent them and the box was returned to her address, with a note that told about said legal regulations. But I really Thank you so Much.

Speaking of "Yonkers" There is a City in New York State which is called Yonkers. Random info I know lol.

Yes, I knew about that.

But I don't know if there is a Relation between such city name and the Hispanicized word for "Junk Yard" ... Thank you.

...I feel for your loss though too.

Yes ... I Hope I could find another Job soon.

Kind Regards.