Ultimate Subaru Message Board

MadMax11

Ive been working on this buggy on and off for just over a year now.  Its nowhere near done, and wont be anytime soon.

It started as a 4 door 2000 2.5RS Impreza, and mechanically still is (dont let the 02 tails fool ya.. I just like them).  Other than a slightly tweaked engine from the previous owner (bored, decked, 3-angle valve, port & polish, high compression pistons :) ).  Ive also modified some stock 04 forester struts w/ 300lb front & 175lb rear 2.5" coilover springs.

Current cost is just over $2k.  Just passed emissions 2 days ago.

2015-01-252_zps6229fa74.jpg

2015-1-251_zps42437390.jpg

• Like 1

Sorry apintonut, no weigh-in yet.  Id like to get all the chassis tubes in place before the first weigh-in.  Should be soon though!  Im stoked to see what she comes out to as well.

Uberoo, my current plan includes an X across the c-pillar area as well as an A across the b-pillar area.  Things are going to be tight!  I picked up a hf tubing roller specifically to combat the close quarters Im working with.  The tubing is a mix of 1.75", 1.5", 1.25" all .090".  The original sideskirts were chopped out and replaced with 2"x3"x0.090".

Thanks Scott!  Also, forgot to mention the tire size; 225/75R16, w/ a LT tire (Geolander ATS). 29" tire, same as my bike :)

• 2 months later...

Alright, about time for an update.

When the inevitable happens, and something stock breaks on my car, I always try to replace it with something better.  A little tidbit my dad taught me.

A couple weeks ago, I got in the buggy to drive to work, and the clutch pedal went to the floor but I couldn't shift.  Turns out that the clutch linkage in the upper right area of the driver footwell had broken.  And that had taken the clutch master with it as well :rolleyes:

So I pulled a new linkage and master from the junkyard, and welded up a small plate onto the linkage before installing to hopefully prevent any future issues.  I also snagged some nylon washers from HD, as I had noticed there was a bit of extra space in the linkage side-to-side.

1-06-2015--clutch%20master_zps97jmdmzg.j

1-06-2015--clutch%20master%20linkage_zps

3-19-clutch%20linkage%20installed_zpsbwv

And on the frame front, I haven't made much progress lately, but I have taken care of a few small things.  One thing I have finally gotten to is another pair of tubes in the rear to improve triangulation.  You can also kinda see one of the small things I've taken care of; the emissions relocation to what's left of the spare wheel well area.  No more dragging that crap across rocks for me!

4-11-2015--rear%20triangulation_zpsr29up

*edit : added missing photo

Edited by MadMax11
  • Like 1