Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Test Drive Offroad (pics and movies!)

MorganM

Well, the tires you have are huge! Due to the fact I'm still on dial up, I cant view your vids. But from the still shots you have, it doesnt show you climbing anything. Theres that small shelf, it would be nice to see you climbing that :headbang:

Well, the tires you have are huge! Due to the fact I'm still on dial up, I cant view your vids. But from the still shots you have, it doesnt show you climbing anything. Theres that small shelf, it would be nice to see you climbing that :headbang:

Ya 29"s look big on these little subarus haha. Me and Arch both climbed that shelf on the left side there! Arch lifted a wheel pretty high off the ground comign down; cant see it much in the little movies but it was cool IRL :D

Ya 29"s look big on these little subarus haha. :D

Just you wait till you see what looks big on a Soobie. . . hehe

Good for you out playing with your Soob. Ditto with what Rob said about the dial up thing, but cool pics.

EZ

Just you wait till you see what looks big on a Soobie. . . hehe

Good for you out playing with your Soob. Ditto with what Rob said about the dial up thing, but cool pics.

EZ

Ya I cant wait to see what you guys did... so i can steal your idea! :D haha j/k

I know how dialup is man :( I still have it at home. Here at work its nice to sit on a DS3 though!

im just glad we made it out of there without meeting up with the authority figures. i kept missing little signs pointing the other way, as we were goin down a trail i hadnt been on in about two years. once i finally saw one it was a silouette of a horse! so horsetrails are fun, but slightly dangerous. all the real good stuff, was bulldosed =[

all the real good stuff, was bulldosed =[

Even in the twincities metro area there is (was?) a lot of green space. This was one of the coolest things i liked about MN when I moved up here. The dozers are right on our heels now it seems :(

Now with all the 'organization and catagorization' of land by the DNR its all being formely designated offlimits or limited use. They talk about how many miles that will be open for limited use by OHVs but i'll let their website speak for itself... http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/input/mgmtplans/ohv/index.html click on "Trail Plans & Proposals" ... I'll spare you the clicking; its empty.

"Forest road / trail inventory & designation" has extensive details on whats being closed. Seems pretty clear where they are focusing all of their attention. There isnt even links to the 2 DNR sanctioned OHV parks in the state. Must be real big plans for making more OHV trials; huh?

I understand something has to be done. It's a Tragedy of the Commons really. People want green space for fair use. Those who use it properly enjoy it. Some prefer to enjoy themselves at the expense of others. Lots of trails I have seen are litterd with stupid junk like refridgerators, mattresses, stoves, etc. Envirnomental side effects from offroading asside; dumping junk is just unnaceptable.

Spose I am in no position to whine about it fore I do little to aid the problem. I may not dump junk but I certainly offroad. Just made me sad thinking about all the trails I've seen leveld recently. If anyone wonders why we offroad in questionable spots it's becuase there is little choice left :(

Hey you guys need to let me know when your going wheeling becuase I would love to come along.

Joe

For sure man! This was a short notice outing. There is a little MN offroad gathering coming up. Looks like weekend of June 12 ? Ill make a post in the Meet and Greet about it.

well I got the movie no problem:cool:

looks like fun.

too bad about the lack of decent open land out there. its happening everywear. I wont get all political because I know thats a forbiden topic. but I will say there are battles being fought all around the country for land use. As you say its usually a few A holes that ruin it for everyone else.