Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1991 Loyale Wagon Build "The Burner"

Stenwood

Finally starting my build page. About a month ago I moved and was in need of a commuter car. I am driving around 400 miles just to work and back. My Tacoma was just costing to much. So I picked up a 1991 Loyale Wagon. It has just under 200,000 miles, five speed 4WD, and oh boy it is in rough shape. When I got it the pass front wheel bearing was toast, the cv was near gone, the passenger door doesn't open, mild rust here and there, and the only clear coat on the entire car is under the roof rack. That is just the main obvious issues, But I fell in love. For some reason the name "The Burner" felt so right. 

Now that I actually have a garage, I can now get this Loyale to tip top shape. My quick basic plan isssssssssss

1. Mechanially runs perfect

2. Re do Interior top to bottom (add stereo in the process)

3. Exterior (paint and what not)

Before I started this build page I have replaced the front passenger wheel bearings, right front half shalft, front break job, basic tune up, scrubbed the grime off the steering wheel, and replace the wiper blades. I still have a Lot of work, But i am excited to see the transformation

post-57070-0-41837300-1425326090_thumb.jpgpost-57070-0-67980600-1425326096_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

You picked a good commuter in my opinion. You are in a great part of the country for used parts from the local Pick-N-Pull type yards too.

Thanks for sharing it!  I'll be watching this one for sure ;)

By the way, mine needed an interior also. I found a low mileage wreck at pick-n-pull and pulled the entire interior, fasteners and all. I went on 50% off day and it cost about $35.00. After cleaning the carpet and re-installing everything it looks really nice. While I had the interior out I washed the entire shell out with purple power degreaser to eliminate odors. I also ran audio and power cables to the rear at the same time.

Edited by Crazyeights

Awesome! Thank you! I love driving it. That's the plan for me as well. i'll have to keep my eyes out for a good quality interior. at-lease the carpet. I might re-upholster the Seats and doors myself. I have so many Ideas brewing through my head. 

Edited by Stenwood