Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Dream Truck

x24361

I want to see Ford and Subaru enter into a 50/50 joint venture to develop and bring to market a vehicle of the following classes and specifications:

Ford Mid-Size Pick Up, Full-Time Subaru Power Distribution AWD 
Sold as Ford with a Ford Engine and a Subaru with a Subaru Engine, both in diesel and hybrid variants, as well as fuel-cell and full electric in a sub-partnership with Tesla to work interchangeably with his battery stations.

Not quite the same as Ford and Mazda, but that is another great partnership to pursue if Subaru is not interested. If not then Hyundai, or Honda, or even Toyota in an ingenious plan to profit from the 2 best-selling mid-size pickups... if you see where I am going with this.

Ford Ultimate 5-star Safety NHTSA & IIHS, small-overlap and roof deflection rollover, Off-road Version would be the Godzilla Ecobeast Ford power plant 3.5V6 & 2.7V4 that came on a truck designed to plow through deep water and maintain constant traction through wet snow and soak up monster pot holes on a suspension designed for Baja racing and 305/75R18 tires and a manual transmission and Subaru Eyesight technology stock. 30mpg Real World Combined MPG in baby beast = target.

Subaru Ultimate5-star Safety NHTSA & IIHS, small-overlap and roof deflection rolloverOff-road Version would be the Super-Boxer Turbo I4 & Flat 6 that came on a truck designed to plow through deep water and maintain constant traction through wet snow and soak up monster pot holes on a suspension designed for Rally racing and 305/75R18 tires and a manual transmission and Subaru Eyesight technology stock. 32 mpg Real World Combined MPG in Super Boxer Turbo 4 = target.

AWD, All the time, courtesy of Subaru power distribution system in all models. 

Ford Body on Frame ruggedness & Towing & Technology. Subaru Rally Suspension and Power Distribution and Safety and Reliability.

Subaru based Ford built Diesel and Diesel Hybrid and Ford based Subaru built fuel-cell & Tesla battery electric, and other variants to continually challenge the design teams to renew the partnership and inspire ingenuity in simplicity. These to be shared in greater detail in subsequent posts.
cleardot.gif

Blend design elements of the Forester with the South American / Australian Ford Ranger that is current model not available in the United States. 

Must be available in both Crew Cab Ecobeasts a Manual 7 speed transmission with super-cruise overdrive for peak highway mpg whenever total payload is less than 500 pounds. 

The Subaru Variant should be available with Subaru boxer engines with turbos and superchargers in the Rally variants. They should compete in a Youtube contest of competitions and reviews in the style of TopGear with me as Special Guest Star & Quality Assurance Director for the Ford Subaru Joint Venture in charge of all testing and racing and special duty versions. The offroad version crew cab especially needs to trounce the TRD Tacoma, Nissan ProX, and Chevy/GMC competitors, while getting better gas mileage.

Make a Remove-able Hard and soft top for the bed, flat and cap to cover the bed.
The bed with cap should strive to be large enough to transport a Lazy-boy chair safely in the middle of a blizzard. And when opened or folded up and the tailgate lowered a sofa or queen size mattress, box-spring, headboard, and frame.

There should be a snow-plow prepped package for both versions, separate and including a plow, torture tested in severe duty to breaking points plowing snow.
This and the off-road versions should have the option for a built in winch behind one or both bumpers for self extraction from bottoming out and high middling the truck in snow or mud.

Must include Subaru Eyesight technology in all models.

This should be built in a union shop in Detroit and Ohio by Ford, and by a union-constructed Subaru Advanced Development built in a new facility  in West Chester County, NY along the natural transit of the Hudson River to focus on alternative energy performance and design, and built there in a union shop, and in Japan, and in other locations as prudence dictates. 

Can we make this happen?

How do we go about making this dream come true?

I should finally get to use my Masters in Project Management and serve as the Project Director with ultimate decision authority on the joint elements of the project.

Imagine how enthusiastic both Ranger fans and Brat fans would be here in the United States!

-- 

Best Regards,

Thomas Moore

Haha this dude lives in the same town as my inlaws! I saw it one day in the parking lot of the grocery store while I was going in, but was gone by the time I came out. I was VERY curious about it and wanted to ask him. I believe it was on a chevy silverado.