Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I have a 2013 LEGACY that is making a crazy noise. It haPPens when it's moving and doesn't matter if it's in drive or nuetral. It's like a zzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Mkae the noise of a z and thats the noise the car is making. It sounds like it's coming from the front, but was told it was probably in the transmission. Anyone else heard of this or had the same noise. It only makes it if the car is moving.

Please HELP!!

Edited by valley

Did you run over anything recently that might have got stuck under the car? Stick? Deer? Bike?

Does the noise happen at all speeds or only above or below a certain speed?

Does the frequency of the noise change as you go faster?

Does turning make any difference in the noise?

It stays the same regardless of speed. doesn't go away while turning nor does it get louder. i have checked it out and don't see anything stuck around any moving parts. it sounds like the old baseball card clothes pinned on the forks of your bicycle to make a "motor" sound like we did as a kid. it's starting to drive me crazy

Can you tell if it's coming more from one side vs. the other?

It stays the same regardless of speed. doesn't go away while turning nor does it get louder. i have checked it out and don't see anything stuck around any moving parts. it sounds like the old baseball card clothes pinned on the forks of your bicycle to make a "motor" sound like we did as a kid. it's starting to drive me crazy

That would be more of a "flap, flap, flap" noise! :D