Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Dash vents and sun visors

The interior of my 1984 Brat was Arizona sun baked. The sun visors are partially melted and the heater vents are all broken/missing pieces. I've had no luck locating anything in junkyards or online. Are there parts from other vehicles that are similar in size that would fit the brat?? I'm planning on taking some measurements and heading to a boneyard. Just curious if anyone has done this before, so I can pin point vehicles that will work??

Just about all the subarus of the early 80's have the same /interchangeable Dashbord. Although, many have slight differences in the vents and gage clusters.

It may be easier to find something like an 83-84 GL wagon. They are far more commom and the parts you're looking for will be a perfect fit. (the sedan and 2D hatch will also work for like years)

On the Bad side, those vents are fragile and most of the subaru's from that era lost them long ago.

hmmm as a long term thought. My vents are good. I'm gonna pull out my whole dash and replace it with a custom built one eventually.

The price to be paid for rust free.

Good luck on the vent louvers. My garage kept brat is the only set ive ever seen that arent rotten. But im in Arizona so perhaps elsewhere this is not such an issue. Visors are tough to find too but ive found them or u could modify or create your own.

Vents as far as I know only come from ea81 cars: 80-89 hatch, 80ish-84 sedan wagon coupe, 82-87 brat.

Good Luck! Those vents are near impossible to find from what I understand. Wish someone would measure and 3D print them.

Believe it or not I am in the process of doing this. 

I tore apart my '82 dask and have been working on getting the vents specifically printed.

I have my own printer so its not that bad.

I am waiting to confirm proper workmanship and quality before offering them up, and honestly I'm months away from that. 

But it is in the works!

• Like 3

The interior of my 1984 Brat was Arizona sun baked. The sun visors are partially melted and the heater vents are all broken/missing pieces. I've had no luck locating anything in junkyards or online. Are there parts from other vehicles that are similar in size that would fit the brat?? I'm planning on taking some measurements and heading to a boneyard. Just curious if anyone has done this before, so I can pin point vehicles that will work??

I have a set of tan visors if you are intersted.

• Like 1

I tore apart my '82 dask and have been working on getting the vents specifically printed.

I am waiting to confirm proper workmanship and quality before offering them up, and honestly I'm months away from that. 

But it is in the works!

Awesome! :)

But it is in the works!

My dash is out of the car and I'm currently restoring it. So, I would be interested when you get them sorted :-)

• 5 years later...