Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Subaru Specific parts for a complete EA82 reseal

this has probably been hashed over a million times, so here goes a million and one ...

what parts besides the oil pump are needed to be bought from the subaru dealer for a complete 1991 EA82 spfi engine reseal,

seems like there's some gaskets or O-rings or something that also need to come from the dealer, maybe some cooling hoses?

but for the life of me, I can't remember what they are.

my car is dying and I found someone to put a good engine together for me, but I need to get all the parts for them.

so far, I got a good set of heads, a good block, a complete timing belt kit, felpro head gaskets and a pan gasket.

thanks 

Edited by Stubies Subie

the lower cam tower metal reinforced oring (one per side)  i've seen a few places, like thepartsbin.com (if they even still exist) - that carry them, but it's rare.

the metal clip on orings in the cam towers.  XT6's have one at every port - i think EA82's only have the large oval one - some headsets have them so they are available aftermarket.

intake manifold gaskets - they have a coolant passage through them and aftermarkets are flimsy/thin/prone to leak.

i'd buy crank, cam, and rear main seals from Subaru - i've had aftermarket seals not seat very well and leak shortly after install on the older EA engines.  never had it happen with EJ's.