Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Possible Northern New England mini-Meet UPDATED 8/9

Guest moosens

Guest moosens

I'm trying to get Wagon78 and WagonsOnly to go with me to an old timers place way the heck up in the sticks of NH about 30 minutes from Canada.This old fellow has a few older Subaru parts from '72-84.If interested in joining up for his place email me.

Otherwise,I'm thinking it could be a good day to meet.VT has TwoWagons-Trudy and Subazoo-Scott.I don't think there's too many others from up there.Bruce from ME with the bitchin green lifted Brat with Spider MPFI....one or two others...and there's "bythesea" Brad in MA ...couple others in CT....speak up if you are interested.

We're looking to make a date that the 3 of us can make it,assuming Andrew joins in.Wagon78 has confirmed so at least 2 of us will be heading up there for sure.

Trying to get this done before the fall but September comes quick so whatever it takes.Just not Labor Day weekend.

Guest Wagon Wagon

If you end up finding a car for Jeremy, and both the car and his money are available that weekend, we'd probably be game.

Guest Dennis

if its a weekend i want to go...ill need some notice though as i have things that i can work around, ill just need some kinda date

and ill leave my house at 3 am so i dont have to deal with the traffic, have the coffee on

Guest moosens

Wow,you guys have balls.Good little road warriors.You know we could maybe get Trudy to let us camp out.Or Scott(Subazoo) has a place up there too.

We can tell scary Subaru stories by the fire.

Subazoo!!!??? TwoWagons!!!???? Where is youz is??????

Guest moosens

Trudy gave us the go ahead to camp out.There's a trailer there(reserved for Moose LOL!!!!) and a fire pit.She's building a house so we all have to work too.:lol: Just kidding but I'll help if she needs something.

Konrad,I thought you said you had to go back to PoleLand.

Guest Twowagons

Paul, the trailer is reserved for me :P but I will supply MARSHMELLOWS and HOTDOGS for everyone:lol: . That ought to get the guys going!!!!!!

Guest moosens

Oh well,I tried for the Presidential Suite......maybe next time.

Thanks again Trudy.Not sure who'll actually make it up but that's a good incentive,nkowing you'll have a place to hit the hay...literally!:lol:

This guys place is way the heck up there so whoever goes that far will be tired at the end of the day I'm sure.I can see where I'll need a good hour to look stuff over and a good hour to hang with the old fellow.

He's the real thing as far as old blue blood New Englanders goes.I'm sure he'll have some interesting stories.

Guest WagonsOnly

Hi all,

I just got my email, and unfortunately I won't be able to make it this weekend or next, and Wagon78 is busy the two weekends after that. The next weekend is Labor Day...should I bow out for this one or are we game for the first weekend after Labor Day?

Andrew

Guest moosens

Hmmm.....well,I'm delivering an Alfe Romeo GTV6 to VT this next weekend or the one after so I may go up there on my own with my friend to take inventory....and snatch up all the really good parts :D:P just kidding ;)

It's a good 2-3 more hours from where I'm going (southern VT).

Nothing is certain.I'll have my son with me.The place where we're going is stocked with trout in a major way.My son really wants to catch his first one so we have to stay there a while.And they just bought two new Polaris ATV's so we'll be wheeling around.

Another thing I was thinking was that the old fellow won't think he has something of great value if one guy shows up instead of several.

We'll see what happens when I deliver the Alfa.

I'd hate to have people not want to go to Pine Barrens because they just did an "event".Let me know if you guys won't mind a road trip so close to PB if this goes into September.

Guest WagonsOnly

If it didn't add another six hours to your trip, you could find out about pricing for what he's got, and then come back with the rest of the crew... Should the spirit move you to do so, the rest of us would know what we're getting into. Does he have any complete, not-completely-rusted-out EA81 or Stage II wagons that you know of? Any FF-1s?

Andrew

Guest moosens

Not sure Andrew.THere may be an ff1 there!!!!:D But you'll have to get in line for it.:P I'm sure if there's one there it'll be rotted to the ground....but he did mention an old barn on the property and something about Indian Motorcycles and a Stutz Bearcat and a.........:lol: DREAMING!!!!! Just dreaming....zzzzz

Guest subastar

Hi there moosens ,If this mini meet ends up happening I am definately into it . Im in Woodstock which is within an hour or so of the location your'e talking about .Sounds like a good time;ol' timers with stories and a barn full of parts ,maybe a little 'wheelin.Im down! I do have a small problem, my 83 turbo brat needs a turbo,other than that its in excellent shape I'd like to get pictures on the board but im having a hard time any suggestions? Thanks

Guest moosens

Hi Subastar,welcome. There's a turbo sedan down here.I think its an '83.The guy wants $200 for it.Let me know if you want me to look into it for you.

I can get it picked up and brought to my place for disassembly.

The motor ran great.I saw it drive by me a lot at the end of its road life.The auto tranny toasted out a couple of months back.Been sitting around thier yard since then.

Guest subastar

Thanks for the info about the possible donor ,I would like to find out more. what can i do to to figure out the logistics about how to make it happen and such ? Backing up a bit; i'm actually thinking it might be worthwhile to ask some of you guys to help me make sure i have dignosed this properly , but i know the meet and greet section isn't the place for that . Should i go to general discussion? this brat has the cleanest body i have seen (not boasting)and i want to do the right repairs .Im making it sound like i'm not mechanically inclined which is not the case i've just never had a turbo ,and i have to admit i'm a little unsure.I also have to admit that im clueless about how to get my pile of pictures on this message board. i also have to admit that im carrying on and on.... short and sweet from now on .Later, and thanks again

Guest moosens

You can click on people's names and it'll show a brief bio. Use the Yahoo address to email me if you need to.

If you go to My Controls and Edit Preferences you can add a little info in to make it easier for folks to email you and know where you are.Could be someone local.That's Woodstock in NH??NY??,VT?? I nkow there's a few Woodstocks around here.CT too.

Post in the General Forum for info on your diagnosis,etc. Talk to you soon.

Guest moosens

Well,I'm going up next weekend.Not sure which day.Saturday if it rains and Sunday if Saturday is nice.

At this point I'd assume it's be a strain on most of your schedules to join up.We have several events happening from the PA drag strips to the barrens of Jersey.Coming up for a small outing would be nice but I can't expect you guys to come all the way up there.

I'll search through the guys stuff if I even get up there next weekend.He's another few hours beyond where I'll be.

Also,there aren't a lot of northern New Englanders on the board.It's be cool if some folks from eastern Canada could also join up too but there aren't any around lately(on the board).

I'll keep you guys posted.If for some reason you feel a New Hampshire/VT getaway is good for you say so and I'll gladly hook up.I just don't want it to be a strain on people and take away from Pine Barrens or the Central PA drag thing.

Be sure to email if you want to join me next weekend.It may or may not be a sleep over.Be prepared just incase.

Guest hocrest

Paul,

Are you talking the weekend of the 22nd-24th?

I have a couple of days scheduled off of work and was planning on a long weekend drive through New York-Ontario-Quebec-New England.

There are a couple of Canadiens on the New Gen Board if you want to post a link...

Guest Konrad

after one week in the stick's i found a collage and/with internet,... :x ,.. i'm going to PoleLand in September, but thanks for taking care of me:p ,..........

konrad

1989 DL Wagon 5spd D/R with LSD

1984 GL Sedan RWD

1982 DL Sedan 4WD

Guest moosens

OK here's where it's at now:

Sunday the 17th.I'll be leaving Bridgeport around 7-8AM the latest.I'm following my friend with the Alfa GTV6 in my touring wagon....or Turbo wagon.....stopping in southern VT to drop off the car,have a steak dinner as payment,do some fishing at the STOCKED pond/lake on the property and then heading up to "nowheresville" NH.

I'm talking way the hell up there.This drive will not be for the faint of heart.Look at a map if you're interested.The town I'm going to is called Milan.

I'm guessing it'll be another 3 hours at least from So.VT ETA for Milan will be about 4PM,hopefully.

Spend an hour up there picking,which turns into two hours with B/S'ing.So from there it'll be a good six hours home.

It'll be a Sunday so I need to be home,hoping not to camp that night.Lots of coffee.

I was going to bring my son which will make it even more difficult.I'll be prepared to camp if needed or grap a roadside motel.

Anyone willing to take part should be prepared to leave early.I may get going even earlier that 7AM if possible.There's a lot of miles involved.Be prepared to spend money for gas.My car will be full,no riders,sorry.You must drive your car up there.

Good luck,should you choose to accept this mission.

Please let me know in this post and email if you plan on joining up.If not I completely understand.

Guest subastar

hi moosens

i sent you an e-mail earlier -before your latest post .though after reading about your plan ,i figure not much of it will matter . no biggie but if you want to answer anyway that would be great .wondered if you got my last e-mail/pictures iprobably forgot to include my e-mail adress but its there this time.

talk to you later