Ultimate Subaru Message Board

5-lug post by Tex...Where is it?!?!?!

Well my buddy is thinkin about doin a 5-lug conversion on his 89 2wd sedan. So this morning I get on the board thinkin, "I can look up Subarutex's old post he made about the list of 5-lug parts for the conversion." So I do a search for it and nothin. I search again and still nothing. So I've been looking for it for about 30 minutes and STILL cannot find it. Where did it go???? It was very useful information that is becoming valuable to some people like me!!! So if someone knows where that post went to or if someone can give me the same info it had, PLEASE help me out. Thanks in advance

Russ

cool thats what I was looking for but now, its time to let the questions fly....

First off, since his car is a 2wd, can I get the rear stuff from a 2wd XT6 or did those come with 4 wheel discs?

If I have to use the 4wd stuff in the rear, couldn't I just break a couple rear cv's off of some rear axles and stuff those in there to keep it 2wd?

Also, this whole Impreza parts list, what year/make/model of Impreza would this be? Is it something common to a lot of wrecking yards?

Thanks again guys, I love this board:D

cool thats what I was looking for but now, its time to let the questions fly....

First off, since his car is a 2wd, can I get the rear stuff from a 2wd XT6 or did those come with 4 wheel discs?

If I have to use the 4wd stuff in the rear, couldn't I just break a couple rear cv's off of some rear axles and stuff those in there to keep it 2wd?

Also, this whole Impreza parts list, what year/make/model of Impreza would this be? Is it something common to a lot of wrecking yards?

Thanks again guys, I love this board:D

you can install a whole 4wd rear end minus the diff and the axles. the rear axles have a doj on both ends, woth roll pins, and are removable from BOTH ends. and besides, you will be set up for a full 4wd conversion option.,

or you can swap just the disc/trailing arm combo. they bolt the same as any ea81 or ea82 brake system