Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Outback on solid axles. Solid axle outback

RCR46and2

Normally I have mixed feelings on solid axle swaps, but this is great! Next stop, lift and 44"s right?

I got room for 44s in the front for sure, maybe in the back, but I'm really liking those 41.5" pitbull rocker radials. I'm gonna see how it does with the 38.5s. Just need drives shafts and a couple of other small things now

• 2 weeks later...

Update, got all the hydro assist stuff mount just waiting for the amsoil fluid and a couple of brake line fittings and I'll have brakes and power steering. It steers right now, but without power steering it's pretty much useless. Still need to buy driveshafts and shocks.

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...

More info on the dual trans dual transfer

Yeah I forgot to post since I've finished that. It's a pretty sweet set up honestly, the dual t case is simple stuff that happens all the time in the 4wd would just gives you an extra low range. The dual transmissions gives me all sorts of extra gears on road and off road.

Yeah I forgot to post since I've finished that. It's a pretty sweet set up honestly, the dual t case is simple stuff that happens all the time in the 4wd would just gives you an extra low range. The dual transmissions gives me all sorts of extra gears on road and off road.

Well if I would hit the right buttons that wouldn't have happen haha. I thought about doing something like this awhile back ago I would love to roll up in the trails on that thing instead of my jeep haha this thing is so sweet

Well if I would hit the right buttons that wouldn't have happen haha. I thought about doing something like this awhile back ago I would love to roll up in the trails on that thing instead of my jeep haha this thing is so sweet

Yeah I haven't driven my jeep in probably 2 years maybe more haha

• 9 months later...

So what did you do about the transmission speed sensor? I'm currently working on a similar Subaru-Toyota hybrid, but the EJ25D in the Forester has an electronic VSS and is put into limp mode (doesn't rev past 4500 rpm) without it connected. I'm a bit stumped here, and its the main thing holding up my progress.