Ultimate Subaru Message Board

where can i buy replacement rear sliding windows fior an 87 brat?

unfortunately the passenger side glass on my 87 brat got shattered the other day and I really need to find a replacement. all the glass shops around Denver say it's going to be impossible.
my parts brat had a window from CR laurence but their website doesn't seem to list brat windows or any way to sell them to individuals. and sadly that window too got shattered. 
any and all help is appreciated.

Yep, they are no longer available anywhere. I never noticed they were curved though. :\ I'll have to look at mine. lol

Edit: Yep. Just checked and son of a b*tch if it isn't ever so slightly curved.... The curve depth is about a 1/4 inch. Worst case scenario is you'd have to pull the rear assembly, remove the glass, 'flatten' the frame, get 2 pieces of flat glass cut and then readjust the sheet metal in the back wall to fit the frame. It could be done, I've had a few of those back walls out completely. The seals were still available aftermarket like a year or so ago.

Edited by skishop69

here's an interesting fact some of you may liek to know. the CR laurence TSW1200S glass for an 90's ford ranger fits perfectly into a second gen brat. i called that junkyard they may be shipping it out to me, otherwise I'll be buying one of these if I cant find anything.

i bought a parts brat not too long ago with a crl window. tried taking it out and broke it. called the guy and thats what he told me. theres no way to be 100% since theres no markings on the glass or frame but it was in there.

post-57405-0-90570300-1432059622_thumb.jpg

Edited by ninjaseikai