Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Slow revs and hesitation: 90 Loyale EA82T

O so im working on the loyale again and I have gone through and replaced the bad turbo, done a compression test, VERY CAREFULLY set the timing, and checked all the spark plugs for good spark.

SO now im still trying to figure out why the car revs so slow. My best guess is the distributor is not working properly. I got 5 deg. of timing when I checked. I read that on the turbo models it is supposed to be at 20 deg.

Le time know what you guys think. I looking at getting a distributor now but if that's not the issue I don't wanna waste my time.

ok so I tried finding the green connecters but I could only find 1 end. I've read that the green plugs only make a difference of around 3deg. But I could be wrong. Either way, I cant get it any better than 5-7btdc so im a ways off.

22 to 24 degrees.  You do not need to connect any green wires.  You do need to disconnect any vacuum tubes to the distributor and you want the engine barely idling at around 750 rpm.  Put some white typewriter whiteout on the mark that you want to hit, before you start the engine.   Let it dry for a few minutes of course.  All of your vacuum system should be functional and sealed.  There is often some broken nipples into a couple of key components on top of the engine.