Ultimate Subaru Message Board

perhaps he was jealous of your pristine condition bumble beast? maybe he has a cheap vehicle thats falling apart while you have a good quality classic vehicle and if he can't have one, then no one can.

Someone slashed all 4 of my 89 GL's tires and keyed the drivers side a year ago at school, it doesn't make me mad, infact it just makes me prouder of my vehicle :)

• Like 2

I am as serious as a heart attack on sending Jeszek a care package..

Company I work for ships a lot of things to other Country's, so I can find out the details in doing so.

Do know that UPS wanted like $270.00 to ship a package to Australia, where I could send same box thru USPS for $70.00.

Getting parts to Jeszek, needs to happen. Regardless.

Edited by TomRhere
  • Like 5

Couldn't agree more Tom what a pain it is being on this side of the Pacific at times when helping others on the board, Options are pretty much all online and information or advice related unless people want or need something we only get over here like dual range EJ boxes or our different lighting systems such as indicators or parkers.

Jesek while we all know you are a Laywer by Profession being out of work for a year sux big time,Maybe you can get part time work at a mechanical shop or even a Yonkers till something comes along you have the knowledge and skills to be a worthy employee and it could give you another option instead of the horrible situation you currently find yourself in,There is nothing more depressing than being unemployed.

An added bonus is having contacts in the trade could help long term when needing parts with better pricing or having somebody chase things up for you instead of just being another customer.

• Like 1

Thank you all, for your kindness and will of helping me which I really appreciate beyond I could ever tell.

However I can not accept any package to be sent at my "Virtual Address" at this moments... my physical address written on the packages I've sent is incomplete, because I never use it, since almost everything that is sent directly to me, gets lost, I use the "Virtual Address" for safety.

... Jesek while we all know you are a Laywer by Profession being out of work for a year sux big time, Maybe you can get part time work at a mechanical shop or even a Yonkers ...

Believe me, I've tried ALL that without success, mainly because new Job opportunities are really Scarce here in Honduras, there are many Professionals, such like Engineers, Architects, Pharmaceuticals, etc... working as Taxi Drivers; Girls who are Doctors are selling imitation Jewelry, Cellphones, clothes, etc... at Shopping Malls, and even on the Streets; and our politicians only knows how to draw more Taxes from the population... I dislike politics.

I really prefer a Job with a monthly payment, rather than solving cases at the Courts, I've done that in the past and it takes too much long time to see money from the Customers... 

Meanwhile I've been doing many small works, such like routine maintenance on Cars, Oil & filters' change, brake pads change, etc, even households works such like installing electricity and plumbing lines... you know...

This past weekend I sold the last pair of wooden enclosures for Speakers that I made, but I've had my little daughter ill from tonsillitis, and I been offline for a while... sorry.

Back on Topic, I've done absolutely Nothing to my Subie... 

Nothing.gif

...who lies abandoned in the Garage...

I'll keep this updated with any news regarding the Subject as they occur.

Kind Regards.

... dual range EJ boxes ...

I tried in the past to source one of those Locally, as the LADM (Latin American Domestic Market) Specs Subarus also has Dual Range Gearboxes, it was for a good friend in USA, but it is much easier to buy the Complete Legacy, Impreza or Forester Dual Range, rather than to find any of those at Local Junk Yards.

Here I posted Photos of LADM specs Dual Range Legacy, also Carbureted + Disty EJ engines from Factory:

~► http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/98480-need-advice-legacy-wagon/

Kind Regards.

Speedy recovery to the Little One........

Thank you, she is Alright now, thanks to God:) 

In another subject, my subie remains still on forced "vacations" at the Garage, since I am afraid that a simple oil change would not be enough, due to the high pitch Gearing noises coming from the Box... I can afford the oil now, but I believe that maybe it will be better idea to remove the Box from the car and inspect its internals... then I would need to purchase certain parts maybe... so I'll continue saving.

Meanwhile, by using only one car in the family, (my Wife's Car), we're saving money from fuel, and I'm transporting my Wife to her Job and back, and my Daughter to her Kindergarden and back; and doing my errands in the meantime... I'll update this thread if any news happens.

Kind Regards.

• Like 2

Happy to hear your little one is doing better!

I feel that if you open the gearbox, you are going to discover many other little things that could use replacing that have nothing to do with what happened, just from ordinary wear and tear. I do understand how hard it is to get parts there though so I understand your careful precautionary idea.

I still think it would be fine, based on the abuse I put my 5 speed through (and it was still working when replaced) but you will never have the "peace of mind" that you would if you opened it up to inspect. I wish you the best of luck with the job and finding parts.

• Like 2

Dear Uberoo, thank you for the advice. 

However... sometimes you realize that it will never worth the effort to try to correct someone who already has a bad heart, and that you will loose more than you could ever gain while trying.

"The worst blind person is the one who refuses to see

That is an old spanish saying, full of wisdom, meaning that no matter how much time and effort you spend on one person who doesn't care, it will be a complete waste in the end.

So, I decided to left that place, Forever...

Kind Regards.

Tell me about it. 2 years ago Myself and a friend were at the bar, for a beer after a midnight bike ride, at closing time.We were getting in my truck, when this guy walks up and asks if I could give him a ride to clarkston(sister city of lewiston,but separated by a river).I told him it was abit out of my way but I could take him to the bridge.So he hopped in the bed,I drove to the bridge, he got out and asked me if I was sure I couldn't go further.I politely told him I couldn't, he said OK.Turned around to leave and punched me right in the face.My friend got out of the truck and tackled the guy while I got my bearings straight.Then after a few blows from my friend,that guy ran off.I filed out a police report the next day, and ended up with a black eye and $700 worth of dental repairs.Fast forward to today and I'm selling a car and lo and behold who comes up to buy it but this guy and girlfriend...I want to give the police his number but in the end it would probably be more trouble than its worth.

Edited by Uberoo
  • Like 2

Wisdom in your actions Uberoo, sad to think that kind of Idiot is around but he will no doubt end up before the Courts after he beats up on his Girlfriend which is almost a given with that kind of Dickless wonder.

Time for an Update!

After the recent weird climate changes in the Caribbean (More info ~► Here) first my li'l daughter was ill, then my Wife and finally I, so I ended using the money on medicines. Now we're alright, But I needed my "BumbleBeast" back to its Daily Driver status, as soon as possible.

So, this past weekend, I simply poured fresh 80W~90 GL-5 transmission & differential Oil, and the Beast is running again; a bit noisey but flawlessly as only a Subaru could survive such ordeal.

Of course I plan to open and Check the Transmission, but untill I have all the needed items to reseal it, meanwhile I hope it could keep working good.

Kind Regards.

Edit: Fixed the web link on the word: "Here" above.

Edited by Loyale 2.7 Turbo
  • Like 1

...that phrase is New for me.

Kind Regards.

JesZeK

Means he thinks he is a tough Man but in reality is missing everything that makes a real man in every way.

I have another saying also Jezek you might like.

"Ego is in Direct Inverse Proportion to Talent",  It Means The more talented somebody is then the less need they have for an Ego as an Ego is basically Mother natures survival aid for those who are terminally useless  otherwise realising just how useless they are they would find the nearest Volcano and jump in.

Edited by coxy
  • Like 1

... "Ego is in Direct Inverse Proportion to Talent"

It Means The more talented somebody is then the less need they have for an Ego, as an Ego is basically Mother natures survival aid for those who are terminally useless, otherwise realising just how useless they are they would find the nearest Volcano and jump in.

Now that Phrase is like the ones I use to talk...

Also it suits perfectly some local people I know here in Honduras.