Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Transmission pop out

Ok... I know.. New transmission, or rebuild. But,.,,, does any who have a trick up wherever they keep em??

4 wheel low on my moist awesomeness, slips into the neutral, in between 4 high 4 low. Trick anyone in having it stay in low without the inopertone time of the slip??? Thanks ..,

only time i've ever had an issue with it not staying in gear was with my 93 impreza only in reverse, was stuck at the beach and it seemed that when i would reverse, randomly it would reject me, on pavement its fine and works flawlessly, ended up just holding it with my hand so it would quit rejecting me while trying to get out of the hole. strange how it never does it in 1st, just reverse and under stress at the same time.

Edited by Subasaurus

I would check the condition of engine and trans mounts.

Bad trans mounts can cause it to pop out of gear due to trans moving around to much.

The shifters are bolted to the body of the vehicle. To much movement between them and trans will cause issues.

Bad mounts aren't real good for front axle life either.

If your car is stock then the linkage will have adjustment points on the range selector rod. It is on the transmission to the passenger side. If its actually a failure of the trans and that's its only issue I think you can survive with out it.

i get alot of movement from my tans mine like to pop out of 2high and in to 4high i dont think the mounts are strong enuff ive swaped a few mounts around and nothing has changed i have herd of people making stronger mounts to stop that maybe try a ratchet strap around the trans or some cable just to test it if it solves your problem make something more perminent if not atleast it dosent cost alot

• Like 1