Ultimate Subaru Message Board

really dumb question

i buy the 10lb tape from lowes by 3M, ive used it ALOT on my GL, from keeping the front badge on, to the rear SUBARU GL badge on the hatch to the blind spot mirrors, heck even the logo on the hatch but you have to cut it up into pieces for that, the reason i say 10lb and not the 20lb is because for some reason the 20lb has black colored tape and "stretches" almost like it melts the glue and detaches from the dash board when its burning hot in my car while the 10lb is transparent and seems to act differently in different weathers and holds my ipod just fine to the dash, theres also the 5lb red colored tape that works extremely well when its under freezing conditions since the sun helps it stick more, the red 5lb doesn't need the heat... ive been experimenting alittle with the different double sided tapes at lowes for about 2 years now and found that for $10 you get a pretty big roll of the 10lb transparent tape compared to the tiny roll of 20lb tape for $12.

every weight of tape acts differently.

hope this helps!

Edited by Subasaurus
  • Like 4