Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1986 with 56 orig miles

Imagine a vehicle with 000,056miles 30years later still having original Engine Oil, filter, and Gasoline from Japan but its probably 56,000 due to the rear fender rust.. and a couple trim pieces missing... plus that strange steering wheel which i don't think was original?? looks aftermarket to me.

Either way 56,xxx miles is very low for any surviving GL/DL/Leone, plus considering the fact that most have been crushed makes it even more difficult to find...

Edited by Subasaurus

In one of the Subaru Groups @ Facebook, someone shared photos from a Subaru Dealer that closed down years ago, they have still "Brand New" Subarus from the 1980's and 1990's only collecting Dust on the closed Showroom... So, yes, there are at least a couple of rare gems somewhere, those deserve to be in a Museum, in my own humble opinion.

Kind Regards.

Edited by Loyale 2.7 Turbo
  • Like 1

Here's the web link, but you must have Access to the Group:

~►
 https://www.facebook.com/groups/438010226261479/permalink/898767310185766/ 

Came across these today, unregistered, unused with delivery miles on the clock.
Sat in a closed down subaru dealers, left over stock that now can't be sold.
The xt apparently is going to be making its way to Japan.

New%20XT%20on%20Showroom%20since%201989.

That Closed-Down Subaru Dealer is in Malta,

I'm not sure about the Date ... Kind Regards.

• Like 1

Funny thing about Japan.

One will not generally see vehicles over 5 years old there.

(Usually three years old)

Rust and the pressure of status keeps new vehicles selling briskly. The Japanese auto industry was initially floored when they found out that here (in the U.S.) we keep vehicles for years (and years and years).

The only way they can find drivable examples of their favorite childhood cars is to (re) import them from other countries like ours (US) because they just do not exist at home anymore.

I do know that there was a time when they were crazy for ANYTHING. 1950's American, and a '55 Chevy would sell for enough to retire on. ($200,000 was not unheard of for a clean convertible)

Of course, a '55 is worth a mint here now, but this was back in 1984!

I hope they got over that craze...it was a bit mental for them to embrace the whole Greaser, Rock-a-billy, cigarette pack rolled in the shirtsleeve, ducktail hair thing...(shudder).

timothy

• Like 1

Funny thing about Japan.

One will not generally see vehicles over 5 years old there.

(Usually three years old)

Rust and the pressure of status keeps new vehicles selling briskly. The Japanese auto industry was initially floored when they found out that here (in the U.S.) we keep vehicles for years (and years and years).

The only way they can find drivable examples of their favorite childhood cars is to (re) import them from other countries like ours (US) because they just do not exist at home anymore.

I do know that there was a time when they were crazy for ANYTHING. 1950's American, and a '55 Chevy would sell for enough to retire on. ($200,000 was not unheard of for a clean convertible)

Of course, a '55 is worth a mint here now, but this was back in 1984!

I hope they got over that craze...it was a bit mental for them to embrace the whole Greaser, Rock-a-billy, cigarette pack rolled in the shirtsleeve, ducktail hair thing...(shudder).

timothy

so your saying theres no 60's, 70's, 80's or 90's japanese cars in japan including the subaru Leone? how ironic...

lets export some cars to the United States.. lets Reimport the vehicles we exported decades ago because we seemed to have crushed them all and the U.S seems to have all our japanese vehicles now..