Need help finding a replacement, don't know the name of this line or where to find it. It is in the very front/bottom, it has a rubber fitting on each side, and two tabs holding it onto the timing chain cover. It comes from the thermostat area and goes to the oil filter area.

Need help finding a replacement, don't know the name of this line or where to find it. It is in the very front/bottom, it has a rubber fitting on each side, and two tabs holding it onto the timing chain cover. It comes from the thermostat area and goes to the oil filter area.

Year and engine size please. oops didn't see title.

Edited by desertsubaru

Its fairly cheap from the dealer.

I would use just hose before using copper.

Anticipate similar rust on the one that goes under the drivers side head (but above the frame).

Check your oil pan for rust-through leaks.

any concern introducing copper could cause electrolysis ?

I'd probably buy the correct part too. Check online dealers like subarupartsforyou, Fred Beans, subarugenuineparts ,etc. maybe ask local dealer to match price?

I have used copper on cooling systems in the past with no ill affects. Old heater cores were copper and even my 94 jeep has copper lines going to the heater core. But as said if the part is cheap enough just buy it.