Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Brat Bed Speakers

I installed speaker in the removable side panels yesterday. sound great, so my big question now is, would there be an interest in these if I were to make kits and sell them?

Kits would include:

Marine water resistant speakers

Replacement acrylic panels

mounting hardware to mount to the acrylic

How much would you spend on something like this?

I don't have a brat anymore, but have had two in the past.  In my opinion they may be in slightly greater demand if you can make the kit in a way that you unbolt the stock panel (and keep it safe and unmolested somewhere) and then bolt in your replica panel with speaker.

I did think about that and they are mounted in those. i made some replacement panels, but im going to get some acrylic panels made.

Anyways here are some pics, the first few are of the speakers, need some refinement, still gonna fidle with them a bit be before theyre final.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131737048@N06/

(cant remember how to post pics on here) help appreciated

I like the way they look.  Most BRAT owners on this forum seem pretty handy with tools.  They may sell on eBay though.  They'd stand out in the sparse line up of BRAT parts!  I"m getting my 85 BRAT next Saturday and may be interested depending on how much budget I have left for audio.  What type of bed liner is this?

20564093011_3ae5c8272e_c.jpg

I like the way they look.  Most BRAT owners on this forum seem pretty handy with tools.  They may sell on eBay though.  They'd stand out in the sparse line up of BRAT parts!  I"m getting my 85 BRAT next Saturday and may be interested depending on how much budget I have left for audio.  What type of bed liner is this?

20564093011_3ae5c8272e_c.jpg

I cant remember, what the brand was, it was very easy to do though. napa sells it.

The speakers though are still in theyre start phase im gonna see what the cost on acrylic is for a more seamless look as well as a pop kind of look

also how did you post the pic up? I cant remember how to do it?