Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Pre '85 parts

Seems dealers parts lookup now only goes back to '85. Anybody know if there's parts pdf's one can download to get parts numbers? Right now I'm needing the bypass hose for the water pump for '83 1.8. Parts guy at Nashville, TN said if I could get it's number they might be able to get it. OEM Subaru rubber is 2nd to none, WAY superior to after market.

rock auto is your friend... I've found a ton of things like that by cross referencing parts from ebay resellers/remans to rock auto and vice versa. if nothing else, go to a mom and pop hardware store, or even better an implement repair shop and get hose from them for a tractor or other such machine. I'm all about OEM myself, but sometimes alternatives such as those are superior... and still cheaper.

Sound like you need a new parts guy. My local parts guy suggested a hose for something else to replace the water pump bypass hose. I just had to cut it to length. A good parts guy will usually be able to suggest something that will work. 

Sometimes asking here on the board will get a replacement part that can be used.