Ultimate Subaru Message Board

thinking about purchasing and doing some work to a '91 loyale, HELP!:)

so I would like to buy a '91 loyale i saw on craigslist, and I came across this forum while doing some research and you seem like the community to ask about this stuff! 

for starters I'd want to lift it, most likely 2" and get some bigger tires on there possibly 27"? any advice for lifting it? is there a good kit I can buy anywhere? on the other hand, I know people have built their own and I was wondering if anyone who has could tell me about their experience doing so? 

what about finding a good roof basket? any advice?

the only work I've done on cars so far was alongside my father and it was mostly just simple replacements for my pos starter car when I was 16, so I'm really pretty much a novice to this and if anyone has any advice at all on what I can do to improve the loyale to more of an off-road status, I would love to hear it! 

Check out this off-road subforum for lots of information on lifts/tire combos
http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/forum/19-off-road/

Also, anything you'd like to search for on here, just go to google, type in utlimatesubaru old gen, and then your search IE for lifts

google search:
ultimatesubaru old gen lift kit how to

You'll get lots of results.