Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ea82T pistons

To clarify my post my pistons are for turbo version and are dished.should still be available trough plaves that sell itm parts. My kit is itm ry6530 std and it vame with rings, piston pins and piston pin clips.

Do you happen to have any photos of this ITM piston kit you have?

• Like 1

Do you happen to have any photos of this ITM piston kit you have?

I'll try to find my pics later today. I have them installed in my engine now but I did take some photos of thrm during my build. Pretty much looks same as the later style ea82t pistons wit lower piston skirts. But I'll get back to it when I find the pics.

I'll try to find my pics later today. I have them installed in my engine now but I did take some photos of thrm during my build. Pretty much looks same as the later style ea82t pistons wit lower piston skirts. But I'll get back to it when I find the pics.

It seems I've lost the pics of them. But I have some pic of them installed that wont probably help a lot but here goes:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4zb2zai1x76f3jd/2015-04-20%2017.44.59-1.jpg?dl=0

Here's a picture I found from internet:

http://kakapart.qiniudn.com/smp-2013-1-5-0-001252996_566517.jpg?imageMogr2/thumbnail/247x213

But you get the point out of those. Those are the new style pistons that should be bit tougher than the older long skirt ones.

Basicly the kit looked much like the oem ones. Bit rough surface on the dish but I don't see a problem with that. I did weight 

all of the pistons and the weight difference between all four of them was under 0.5 grams so nicely balanced too. 

Did they have offset pins like the OE ones?

I wish I new the part number of the OE ones for both RH and LH ones...they ARE a lot stronger than the long skirt ones that crack, but if you dont put them in the correct side they will knock, spin them 180' so the offset is correct and the oil grooves will be at the bottom of the bore...

Mm no offset pins in the itm kit or even on my original ones. Never heardnof offset pins or even thqt you should put them on specific side. There is basicly no difference on which side you put them. OR if there is some reason it it should be found from factory service manual. With new pistons it should not matter in which borenyou use them in but if the piaton is used it is very advisable to use it in the same bore where it came from.

Now that I got a look of the pistons again in my block they do have that arrow pointing to front of the engine (FSM also states should be pointing to front). So probably those are offset pins in them. No mentioning from the left or right side in the pistons or FSM. Also found my notes from the block build and I've written down that piston arrow facing forward. But in the end the pistons are identical looking to the oem ones. 

while got attention of an authority on these bits nncoolman, the gudgeon pin off set can be seen with naked eye or with verniers from measuring yeah ?

so, um is the pin centre closer to the upperside of the bore or lower side when mounted correctly ? This info would be for offaset pistons not marked left right just up or front