Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The 95 FWD L, aka: My red car

Fairtax4me

WmXByb.jpg

Rolled a quarter million today on the odo!

Two weeks ago the bolts just randomly fell out of the center exhaust flange. I thought I had broken the rear cat again, but fortunately that was a simple fix.

Last week it split the outer boot on the left axle. Got grease all over damn everything. I guess it split while I was in a turn, because I knew something was wrong when black grease splattered all over the windsheild! The whole inner fender well was painted with the stuff!

It has earned the right to be temperamental. This weekend it gets new shifter bushings, and fresh gear oil, and a wash and wax. Should keep it happy for a while!

Somehow this is the only picture I have of it right now.

JIg6yK.jpg

Edits: Picture link edit fun with imageshack...

Edited by Fairtax4me

I bought it at about 220k. I have only driven it for about 1 year and 9 months.

It was my daily when I was driving an hour to school every day for the past 4 semesters, unless there was snow in the forecast.

I've owned it about 4 years, but I couldn't decide if I wanted to use it as a parts car or fix it up to drive. Eventually I decided it would be worth it to fix for better fuel economy going back and forth to school.

• 1 month later...

Finally got that wax job done yesterday. Drug the side down the top branches of a dead tree that had fallen in the road a few nights ago. Couldn't see it until I was right on top of it because the jackass in the other lane going the other way wouldn't turn off his damn high beams. Left a bunch of scuffs down the whole length of the side of the car. They buffed out for the most part, but it left a slight crease in the front fender and another in the rear bumper. If this car wasn't already in rough shape I would have been really, really mad.

Partly fixed the sloppy shifter. Still not as tight as It should be. I need to replace the lower pivot bushing, and probably the sleeves that go through the blue bushings on the shifter rod. And it needs the front stay bushing, which is really expensive, so I'll probably just wrap it with some tape for a while.

post-23241-0-76334400-1445189111_thumb.jpg