Ultimate Subaru Message Board

So, I guess I'm building a Rallycross car! 1995 LX coupe...

obk25xt

Getting a lil ancy about the race this weekend… Hope the car does well. It's been a major headache! Engine out, engine in, engine out for hg's, stripped head bolt hole, no way to re-thread hole, running out of options, tapped hole to 1/2x20, used a 7.5" bolt to fasten head to block, fingers crossed it will hold long enough to make all my runs!! The car is running real good, the turbo adds quite a bit of power! Boost is almost immediate, and its still plenty torquey. Tomorrow is crunch time for packing up and being ready to roll out EARLY thurs morn. I'm bringing 2 spare axles, 2 spare ball joints, way too many tires, and a bag of tools. I just hope all my bases are covered, its a LONG way to drive with so many iffy circumstances! Got some numbers on and all fresh fluids/filters… 

Heres a pic of my custom head bolt job. I ran a die nut down the bolt to make the threaded section longer, and clearances a washer to fit the contour of the valve cover. It is working… If I had to do it again, I would shorten the bolt by about 1/2", I didn't have a bottom tap so the threads are tapered near the bottom of the hole. It felt like the bolt bottomed out. Rather than risk ruining the hole again, I just decided to risk it… So far so good…..

8C7EF325-43FE-4FDA-AF85-5AA6F4B1E1CD_zps

84833D35-2992-42E1-8ED6-B4E7EB8C594F_zps

All ready to rock!

A9AEEF01-F473-467A-A51B-7400521CCAA7_zps

NUMBERS!!!

E1B618E9-8624-405E-BDD4-4A6E87226382_zps

Edited by obk25xt
  • Like 1

How much Boost are pushing through that baby snail. I love those ej22Es so dam reliable. Good fix with the head bolt/stud issue, it really does suck when Subarus fight back.

The baby snail is running direct wastegate boost, which is 5psi. Car ran GREAT at nationals. Placed 11th of 19 in modified. There were some fast cars and tough competition! Totally satisfied, it was a blast. Learned some stuff, met some awesome people, total success…. Didn't get many pics at the event, there was a lot going on...926B147B-A103-43DA-A130-A90921670308_zps

4F3C3D5A-19A6-48B5-BBBD-B0BAD1CEC720_zps

Edited by obk25xt