Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Baja build nearing completion with lift, tires and wheels done!

subarubrat

The one, and I mean one, complaint about USMB is that it does not have a useful file attachment quota (even the subscription is a tiny quantity) so you have to trouble with hosting pics all over or linking to sources like FB that can scramble links, and we do end up with allot of non working pics. Every other forum I am on subscription or not has in effect unlimited pic attachment, my own community I run on classic gaming has pretty much unlimited and the cost is minimal. I wish USMB would just turn on unlimited for subscribers and I would be all in, and it would absolutely grow the content in the community.

The one, and I mean one, complaint about USMB is that it does not have a useful file attachment quota (even the subscription is a tiny quantity) so you have to trouble with hosting pics all over or linking to sources like FB that can scramble links, and we do end up with allot of non working pics. Every other forum I am on subscription or not has in effect unlimited pic attachment, my own community I run on classic gaming has pretty much unlimited and the cost is minimal. I wish USMB would just turn on unlimited for subscribers and I would be all in, and it would absolutely grow the content in the community.

yep I agree

Photobucket messing with their image links ruined a good amount of the older stuff on here too. +1 for more upload capacity.

Also the "you do not have permission to use that file extension" IMO should be gotten rid of as well, as even when I upload to external site it blocks me. Spent almost 2 hrs writing up a build thread last night, now have to go through and figure out what files aren't playing with the site  :(

• 1 month later...

We Baja Turbo owners have an axle problem, almost every place lists the wrong axles and most aftermarket axles are nowhere near as good as the Subaru OEMs. After upping my HP and giving my 160k mile axles a beating on the dyno I could feel them starting to go. After looking around I found a solution that seems to be perfect, stronger than stock, as much range of travel as stock, and as luck would have it half the price. I called 1A Automotive about the   Autopart International severe duty axles they listed for the Baja Turbo and explained my concern they might be incorrect and they took the time to look up stock spline, length, ABS ring, etc. specs and got back to me saying they matched, I was ready for something to be wrong but they installed perfectly and no surprises. They are much thicker than stock and weigh a good deal more.

Part number 1A-ACV-00109

I would post a pic but: You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...