Ultimate Subaru Message Board

bluebaroo

mikaleda

okay I'm just waiting on photo bucket to load so i can start sharing pics of my ride so while i wait ill list the things i've done to her over the past three years. when i first got her i was so excited i had gotten it for a steal $950! a blue stick shift, i had thought i had won the lotto that day. that was until i started driving her and she started overheating on long trips, that was when i became acquainted with the way subarus blow head gaskets. unfortunately she sat for a couple of years before i could fix her, she had 211k miles on her. then about a year ago now my moms old 90 sedan that she just had put a new motor in took a dive and i ended up with it (it died at 327k) so i pulled the motor out and put it in mine. finally i had brought her back to life! with a new heart beat in her i took her out on a mudding adventure only to have a cv seize up on me :( so i replaced both front cvs and she did fine for a time, but of course by now i needed new tires so i had to break the bank and buy the best tires i could get for her. now she was handling right, almost of course my struts were really bad by now because of my road (i live on a road called mud gulch) so i had to put another $400 into her again :( now she is as good as new and i cant believe how much of a sleeper she is! :) this car is so much fun to drive, and it puts everyone to shame as i can beat them with a few hundred pounds of tools in the back. i love my bluebaroo and here is the only picture i have of here at the moment parked next to my sisters 2014 sitck shift ;)

DSCF3001_zpstkx4gsjh.jpg 

next things on the agenda would be new upgraded brakes, hopefully some body work and hopefully a nice paint job with a good under coating to help with rust. im planning on keeping her into 500k no matter how many times i may need to rebuild her. 

• 3 months later...