Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New brat dead on the road. Help

Hey guys I need some help. I used to have a 1980 brat but this seems like a slightly different ea71. So, i bought it and it has been pretty bad since I bought it. the previous owner replaced the cap and rotor as well as the ignition coil. I have replaced fuel filter, fuel pump (it was spraying gas everywhere), sprayed liberal amounts of carb cleaner and seafoam to clean carb out (it was quite dirty), replaced altenator (it died resulting in voltage regulator failure), Volatage regulator, and a couple of fuses that were blown or looked warped.

I have a rebuild kit for the carb and I think this is what i need to do to get it to run right. I'm currently stuck because I don't have enough power to reach 30mph or go up  the pass I need to. It smells rich and backfires. Looks like one of the jets isn't working? I am also planning on replacing wires and plugs. I have a spare carb off my old 80, but it need help too but at least it ran? Should I just swap it, would my kit work on rebuilding it and swapping?

I can't seem to find a year specific diagram. This has the round airbox rather than the tire forming ones.

Any help would be amazing thank you.

I don't currently have acess to photos'. I  keep inching her home bit by bit but is about 45 miles away with about 100ft incline coming up. I know it is not the hitachi that is on my other ea71 made in 1980. I will try to get pictures as i'm going up there tommorow however there is no service where she sits :(. I found the mix screw but something is still up. I can't get her running right. I have replaced spark plugs and pcv valve to the list of changes done. It runs and then dies after getting out of first gear, it will miss hard and then die. I can can sometimes feather it nudge it a long to die in a better spot. I checked the ignition timing and it was a fucked up. Purred like a kitten at idle went to drive was great until 3rd gear bogged down died, and now acts the same as mentioned before. UGH! 

Also 2.7???????