Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Michigan Subaru meet and greet ??

Guest NoahDL88

Guest MilesFox

tomrhere.

i was in jackson with a friend to go see her friend. thats about an hour and a half

i got another idea. say in the fall, everyone could meet around the Auburn Cord Deusenberg Festival, and the world famous kruse auction. we can all meet in auburn, or here in butler at my boss's building, and have some kind of cookout.

we have a field to go off roading, but i think we have over run our ability to get away with going there, considering a sheriff chased me into the woods the other day(catch this fox!)

but anyway, come for subarus, stay for the car festival

maybe kruse can sponsor us if we talk to the right people. just an idea. but we have a contract to clean Dean V. Frise himself's office..................

we have our Subaru Alliance, 4 of us and some 6 or 7 subarus. and silvershad0w in ohio. If i had one more from michigan we can be the Tri-State Subaru Alliance. or even Midwest Subaru Alliance. I think its cool that more people moderately close to me are starting to surface on the board.

i smell the cookings of the first ever Midwest Subru Show!!!!

but wherever the place count me in. just let me know of a final date and location. i can at leadt coordinate my guys. if butler indian as central enough shoot me an email and i'll see what i can pull out of my hat

milesfox@yahoo.com

we could at least swap parts, too of there is no off roading options

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tomrhere

Like I said in an earlier post, I'm in for a get together wherever. Be it here in Mi., or in Oh., or In.. We still on for the 31st of May? Hoping to have the BRAT done by then, got most of the engine stuff. Still need to either repair, or replace the exhaust system. And then do a little "test driving"........Tom

Guest Subystomper

Let me know when and where and I'm there. If you need a place to go offroading we can go to the Bad Lands in Attica, IN of there is always Haspin Acres in Laurel, IN. Keep me posted. I have an 86 true hatch lifted with all the goodies for off roading. Its all ready to go too. John Abracadabra-11@webtv.net

Guest MilesFox

I knew a guy from lebanon who went to Laurel. havent been ther but i would like to go. His name wad Brad and drove a lifted 79 toyota corolla that was pinted like General Lee

Guest tomrhere

Where the General comes from, they don't do pints. Quarts, half gallons, and gallons, but not pints. A pint ain't even a decent taste test. I know you meant "painted", but I just couldn't let the opportunity go by. And hey!! The 31st of May ain't that far away. Are we all onboard for that day, or what?? And might I add, Where??.....Tom

Guest MilesFox

well at least we could meet here in butler, maybe have a swap meet, bring all your spare parts.

have a cookout and maybe a couple of beers.

thats if nothing else happens. but it would be nothing to get the butler thing going.

Guest electryc monk

So I'll add to the confusion:

my graduation is May 10th... we will be returning to Michigan the following Wednesday i fuigure....

And then I'll be returning to Texas around the 15th of June soooooo....

I'll be up in Michigan for a few weeks folks.

Guest 88wagon

i would like to represent the akron ohio area for this meet! what is this talk of the badlands in indiana? sounds ineresting. what kind of off roading is it and where is it located in indiana? i have been really jealous of the west coast meets and would love to be part of this. jerry

Guest MilesFox

I threw together the idea of a swap meet to my boss.

this would probably be the mos practical of a meet, and butler is fairly central to mi, oh

I am going through a spring cleanup at the carbola, and i got more parts than cars to put them on. i gots doors, glass, motors, starters, alts, interior pcs.

butler is on us6 3 miles from ohio

i'll have some parts for sale, some for "make offer, and some for free.

i or trade parts for parts.

i can make the swap meet saturday and sunday if everyone cant make it at once.

but there is enough of you down for a meet to make this worthwile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111

Guest MilesFox

The !st annual Subaru Alliance Swap and Meet is officially in the plans for may 31st. I drew up parking areas and how to set up the building. We got a whole month to get things going, but if everyone agrees to the idea they can show up! It might be possible to reserve a room at the efficiency apts for those who stay the night. the event will span the whole weekend. and for those who stay over, its quite possible we can get some off roading permission

We will have subaru alliance shirts for sale, to help cover costs. shirts will be 10 bucks. we wouls also like to donate to the subaru message board too.

I will post registration info, and get everyone's shirt size

for the swap meet i would like to know what everyone is bringing

Guest tomrhere

Count me in! Don't have any extra stuff laying around that I could bring. but I can bring my, " I need it " list, and my wallet. I'm real close to having the '82 up and running, working on the exhaust right now. Hoping to be able to drive it down for the meet, otherwise I'll have to drive the Sonoma. And right now, that idea SUCKS!!!! later........Tom

Guest MilesFox

hey, i had to rebuild my rear suspension the week before last easter to see my mom. I had to swap a motor to the week of having to be towards indy,

and i drove my sedan across ohio a few days after i swapped the motor and tranny!

you'll make it dont worry. youll be suprised how quick a subaru goes together when you get around to it.

So far it will be Me, Josh, Robert, And Danny, all of which have soobs.

we will have the following already:

91 legacy sedan

87 RX

88 Wagon

88 sedan, 2wd auto to 4wd stick conversion

86 sedan, 4wd auto to manual conversion

83 gl wagon "TrashWagon 5"

and an 88 dl sedan with a blown head gasket

oh, what do you need to do to get it running, and do you mean running as in starting or driving

Guest tomrhere

Well actually, kinda both. Haven't started it yet since the rehaul. And I still have to get it legal to drive. Finals on the engine include, some oil and a filter, battery cable clamp, and final tweaking once I fire that muther up. I'm in the process of fabing my own 2" dual exhaust system, got most of it done, still need to get the mufflers, and figure out the proper hanging points. This is just a temporary setup, atleast for as long as it will take me to get a true system bent-up. Monetary funds are a little on the low side right now, so I'm doing what I can, as I can. Still haven't seen our income tax refund yet, sure would come in handy right about now. As far as extra stuff laying around, I don't have any. Only been buying things, and stuff that I need, and can use myself. Subarus are seemingly very rare around here. Found afew in various J/Y's, but they are picky as to what they'll let you get from them. Hell, one yard up around Jackson, has 3 wagons and a Justy sitting in it. Asked the guy about some parts, and he tells me they don't have any Subarus in the yard. Go figure! You have access to alot of Subes around your area? As far as used parts and such that is. I need to find me a good somewhat local parts source. Later.......Tom

Guest MilesFox

as far as soobs laying around, there is one at maxton's they might let go for 4 or 500 bucks. it needs a timing belt. i cant think of any more soobs around, but i have kept parts from at least 4 or 4 subarus that i have "processed" I'm sure i might have anything you need, at least common stuff like starters, alternators, motors and suspensions. "ill next to give away may parts as long as i can get what i need.

maybe i can make the trip to jackson for the junk yard. find out about one of those wagons and if its a 5spd dual range. i will need a driveshaft and rear end and a shift linkage

Guest tomrhere

Okay now. Are the rest of you going to make it down for this meet, or what? Lesbaru, Monk, Noah, come on now people, let's do this!! We can meet here in Hillsdale, and play Follow the Leader down there, if you want.......Tom

Guest electryc monk

i have to graduate first, second get to michigan, third have the graduation party on the weekend before this event here....

Guest MilesFox

good luck on trying to make it!

baja'n out in the field will be a no-go, but i can tell you where it is and you can go on your own! (i myself aint afraid to go there) but be in the mood to out run the sheriff!:smokin:

there is a spot in town that we can get away with a few laps and take the 60 degree slope sideways. and there is a muddy shortcut behind Mc D's

some of my friends got involved in plans for a party that night, so they might not stick around towards evening hours. but i'll be open for anyone who is still there.

but the food is definate, and the stage show, mock auction will be impromptu style, but we need to find some sort of microphone/PA

• 2 weeks later...
Guest NoahDL88

This noah's in seattle till august, so i can't make it, sorry but after that i'm in, for the next time we meet.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest sirxt688

Oh I love michigan mud boggin and dirt roads. I have a blast in my Subaru. I recently had it out with a new Focus on dirt roads but yes, the xt6 won again. I live in the hills kids. And I'm Irish if ya catch me. Peace love and birthcontrool kids.

88XT6 2.7 AWD

New converted suspention, motor overhalled , mint interior, power everything , going fast. smooches

• 4 weeks later...
Guest cactusjaxx

:rolleyes: Hey Miles....your looking in the mirrow now my real name is Miles Nelson iam in west seattle i go buy Cactusjaxx or sparky...any way iam new to this site as of today and iam hoping to meet people i see your all over the place so i thought i'd say hello.....

later

miles 8o

• 7 months later...