Ultimate Subaru Message Board

XT6 rear hubs EOI in 5x100 & 5x114.3 ?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If there's any of these left i'd be interested in a set! 

And if there are not any left, would you be willing to part with your cad files so I could have a local machinist make a set?

Edited by Vkbikes

I'll post up when the next set of 10 pairs are ready, I haven't worked out the logistics yet as I no longer get free shipping from Taiwan to Australia, and may end up routing most of them through to the US which will bring the per-unit cost down substantially for the US buyers (waiting on the quote). I can probably get a handful shipped (hand-carried back by ex-co-workers) to Australia for the Australian's who have expressed interest in this second run.

For the drawings, I will publish once the final set are sold from this run. The complexity is the internal splines, the rest could be done by any half-competent machine shop. I had to have tooling made up to make the splines (which was amortised across the first batch of 10 sets).

• Like 2

I'll post up when the next set of 10 pairs are ready, I haven't worked out the logistics yet as I no longer get free shipping from Taiwan to Australia, and may end up routing most of them through to the US which will bring the per-unit cost down substantially for the US buyers (waiting on the quote). I can probably get a handful shipped (hand-carried back by ex-co-workers) to Australia for the Australian's who have expressed interest in this second run.

For the drawings, I will publish once the final set are sold from this run. The complexity is the internal splines, the rest could be done by any half-competent machine shop. I had to have tooling made up to make the splines (which was amortised across the first batch of 10 sets).

Really appreciate this man. I'm also a Engineer (Mechanical) and i know the amount of work that goes into this kind of thing. I just bought a GL-10 Turbo as a project car and i was sweatiing finding a set of XT6 hubs, they're basically impossible to find around here these days.

• 3 weeks later...

DFOYL, count me in for a pair with studs included. Funds set aside awaiting your update. 100% committed.

What would you guys pay? If I started supplying these same hubs 5x100 XT rears would you do $200 a piece? So $400 for both rears?

Scott, I will buy from you if I am unable to get them from DFOYL. I am local to you, so $400 is worth all the R&D into the final product.

DFOYL and Scott, please keep me updated as I am very interested.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I still have at least 5 sets available including those who have posted. I have been told they will be ready ex-Taiwan this Friday, I am arranging for one set to come over for validation as it is a revised design and I don't want to pay shipping back and forward in case of a mistake.

Added meat around the center (the hub-centric ring got thinner in V3 instead of thicker as planned due to translation issue), finally back to EJ studs, couple minor corrections I've forgotten (it's been a while since I had them marked up -  supplier didn't give me a revised drawing back, just used my mark-ups so I'm not 100% confident). I was lucky to have an ex-co-worker in Taiwan today who is flying back down under tomorrow 4am so I should see them Monday evening.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, here is the update and plan.

The hubs still require XT6 studs for this batch. Everything else is fine.

Given I no longer can get them shipped from Taiwan to AUS for free, I am going to split the shipment out of Taiwan into a mix of AUS & NZ, US and anywhere else. The AUS/NZ will come to me and I will (optionally) import XT6 studs or the buyer can have them drilled to suit EJ studs which I can supply or they can source and fit themselves. For the US, I would suggest they all go to a central location (somewhere on the west coast) and that person can distribute them accordingly (Scott in Bellingham might be an option as he could fit the studs (not included in price) for those without access to a press). I don't want to have to rely on my ex-colleagues to ship 6 different parcels to different US addresses (and it will be cheaper to have them all shipped together as well). Costs for US assume $200 a pair + shipping which is probably going to end up around $240 USD in hand (plus cost of studs and fitment). Costs for AUS - assuming fully finished - will be around $375 AUD in hand.

Here is the breakdown (note many of this list have not committed (some have just expressed interest), so if you're not on the list please post if you want to commit to a set). For those who have previously committed, if you are no longer interested please post up - I will be sending PM's to all of the below for those who miss this post) :

AUS/NZ :

nzjoe

89brumby

Lecardor

arbee

(non-USMB) Adam Roots, Subabits

Total 6

USA :

bratman18

patysimcox

vkbikes

88SubieSnack

Total : 4

Jamaica :

suber_Tony

Total : 1

Grand total : 11 (I only have 10 sets, so one of the non-USMB members will miss out assuming all USMB members commit). I also have a few requests for multiple sets, so if you want to drop out that is fine.

I'd like to get numbers confirmed this week so I can get the shipping totals, so please let me know.

Hi I'm pretty sure I'm down, can you just recap exactly the specs so I can make sure I'm signing up for what I think I am.

As far as i understand these are the same Subaru wheel pattern and xt bearing size

but with larger EJ wheel studs. For converting the rears to 5 lug.

Vkbikes, that was the intention but they still use XT6 studs. They replace the PCD 4x140 drum or disc hub with a PCD 5x100 disc hub.

Bratman18 has passed so final numbers are currently :

AUS : 6

US : 2 (haven't heard back from 88SubieSnack)

Unallocated : 2