Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Nick's 1987 RX

nick1208

As some of you know I sold my beloved first car, my lifted and swapped wagon. I was in a rush to sell it so I could scoop this up. It has lots of recent work done including timing belts, headgaskets, water pump, etc etc. Also has a full straightpipe. Sounds extremely good. But it does have a boost leak, thats why I picked it up so cheap. But I drove it 2 hours home and it did fine. Came with lots of extra goodies, including full 5x100 swap. can't wait to start this build. 

bCn0anr.jpgPCJ8iq9.jpgzcwkVtS.jpgcF978bP.jpgwpEzj5h.jpgMhTJDnd.jpgyTCQivS.jpg

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Glad to see this car here! I race rallycross with Brett the previous owner. That car has been well cared for, before it was Brett's. I know his dog did a lil damage, and he mashed the hell out of it for the short time he had it as well. Good deal getting it runnig well. Looking forward to the updates here! I know the guy that originally had it put a TON of time and $$ into it making it quite nice..

• Like 1

Yeah brad was the original owner and he really loved it. Brett, the guy who you rallycross with gave me a decent deal on it, I saw some pictures of him thrashing it and there's still a lot of dirt on the subframes from him :P
 I remember seeing the car at my first WCSS when it looked like this:
MHGKcTO.jpg

I was pretty excited during the short time I had it running well, I just recently cracked the coolant hose under the turbo before I left for school. I'll have to tend to that during Christmas break in 3 weeks. 

Yeah it has the 55B VIN so it's not an RX. I thought it was when i initially made the post. VIN says its a GL 3 door. But yeah Brad was telling me its an early "rx" before it received recognition as an RX. Still an 87 and has all RX options. I really like the color. 

• 4 weeks later...

If you're keeping the standard EA82T and wish to run a WRX TMIC, you should try and locate a 'spider' intake manifold off a turbo Vortex/Alcyone/XT  coupe. These have the intake pipe on the rear of the manifold like an EJ vs the top like a standard EA82T intake manifold - it would make your life a lot easier!

http://www.ausubaru.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13110

I was going to attach a pic but it wouldn't let me. Google 'subaru spider intake ea82' for more.

Edited by KiwiGL

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

Sorry for the necro of an old thread! 

i came across this while doing an image search of RX’s and recognized my car! 

I purchased the car car from Washington almost a year ago now and had it shipped over. Ever since then it’s been my daily. The white door happened in the first week as it and the hood were vandalized overnight.

I can see the car has seen much better days.i have since put wagon struts on it, tinted the glass and kept it running strong. The engine is still stock with 229k on the clock. Anyway I thought it would be cool to update this with the cars current whereabouts.

5-CBD7663-B381-4951-A8-A9-C27-A38049-ADBAC8522-D8-49-B0-4348-A492-3-CE36-EE83361CD408-C49-DA56-4-F2-D-A79-D-29878-AD7-D8F3-E62-ED3-520-E-4-CD4-8558-569-BC9-F714FD813-CDD-5-DD7-4-F1-A-8-DAC-E71-A027-D2

• Like 2