Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Here is my 1985 BRAT that I call Shadow.  it's all stock except for the Weber and the GM Alternator swap.

I've spent the last few weekends detailing and shining.  Just in time for non-stop rain here in NC.  Kind of depressing to think that I'll have to put Shadow up for the winter soon.

IMDO5m7.jpg

You can see my 96 Impreza Outback in the reflection here.  Unfortunately, shes not as clean as the BRAT but she runs as smooth as the day I drove her off the lot.

uz84A0t.jpg

I did a little detailing of the engine compartment this weekend.  I could spend a bit more time on this for sure!  I'd love to detail and wax the underside of the hood.

xXGZvpe.jpg

I had the stock 8 spoke wheels sandblasted and painted.  I put new lugs on this weekend and shined the tires.  ($180 for a set of four 13" Kendas!)

k2NDKI1.jpg

Yesterday I replaced the tailgate badge with this restored one.

l00hwIB.jpg

AxiLbJo.jpg

R2pgo9q.jpg

Still several items on my to do list.  Lots of shining and polishing.  New axles soon.  Dented fender replaced with a new one I have in hand.  Just needs painted.  I have a new dashboard frame for the one i have that is cracked. Need to troubleshoot the fuel gauge.  Otherwise Shadow is looking like she'll last a long time.

• Like 1

Looks great! It is a shame that the major brand mud and snow tires are long since out of production. Back in the 80's I ran a set intended for an Oldsmobile that were for 13in wheels but larger than the OEM size and had a fairly aggressive tread, long since gone from the market.Great job repainting the badge, what paints did  you use?

Thanks!  Truth be told, I purchased the repainted badge from a local fellow who painted it with acrylics and then clear coated.  He did a pretty nice job on it so I decided to save a little time and use his rather than repaint mine.  One of these days I may repaint the one I removed and sell it for a few bucks on eBay... for more car parts LOL.  Thanks for the tip on the fuel gauge.  I'll crawl under there this weekend and have a look.  Also, I learned about the EGR light on this forum... will try the reset procedure soon.  How will i know if the valve is actually bad?