Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My first and second Subaru

Cobrae

Well I'm a bit of a domestic guy normally. I mostly drive classic muscle or something I put a stupid motor in but I saw an 03 Legacy and had to get it. Always wanted a Subaru though its no Brat it will do for now. Bought it and drove it home and not even a week or two later I got offered a 2002 GT Limited 5spd for a VW Cabrio in my back yard and I snatched it up. I drive the GT and the 03 is more of a parts car/project for now.

Most people here locally complain about Subies mpg but man considering I'm used to 10-14 mpg the 25ish it got when I got it was amazing lol. Though I was getting 17+ mpg in my 62 Galaxie this summer and it has a 390. Why I got the Subaru actually. I'm fine driving my Gal as my daily driver in the summer but she is not going to see a winter ever again.

Having a bit of problems with the GT and I imagine its why I got it but I really like the car its fun to drive and has enough power to have some fun though more is always welcome. It has some tuner mods done from the previous owner like a CAI, Header, drilled and slotted rotors, and a fart cannon. Already took the CAI off and the cannon will come off soon. Also gotta get a hood latch cause I just don't trust the hood pins someone put on it lol.

Here is the GT it has 254k miles and is in pretty good shape for a Subie in Maine.

post-61205-0-06111200-1450889026_thumb.jpg

And here is the 03 L. Car ran beautiful but has almost no clutch left and needs bearings all around... Needs allot more now as I have taken engine parts for the 02. This is also the good side... The other side has a smashed fender and you can tell it was beat hard.

post-61205-0-49839300-1450889218_thumb.jpg

I may get chased out of here for this but me being me.... I'm thinking about putting a v8 in the 03 as the motor is going to be pulled to be rebuilt as a replacement for the GT at some point. I know the rear ends are not the strongest in these but I don't plan on putting down a ton of power its more of a just cause thing and to confuse people. I already measured and if I REALLY wanted to my 454 would fit in the engine bay but that's just asking for trouble so I will probably go with a 302 or a 305/350.

• 2 weeks later...

putting a v8 in the 03 as the motor is going to be pulled to be rebuilt as a replacement for the GT

woah! have you started a build thread yet? anyway, nice Subs you got there, buddy. happy new year. i think 2016 would be a good year for rebuilding your car

Edited by Subabro