Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2 Inch Lift now 4wd Light Comes On

So I just  Lifted my loyale 2 inches everything went well except now when I accelerate my 4wd light on the dash turns on., when i put the clutch/ take my foot off the gas in turns back off. is their a way to fix this.. I assume i would have to extend the dual range shifter some how?

You called it, the lift kits available for subarus just don't include the extra bits, extending the linkage is easy but you need to cut and weld. Fortunately you are in the subaru center of the world and should be able to find a board member locally to help you.

I can cut and weld, Is their a picture i could look at... maybe a write up?

I didn't have one myself and a quick google didn't turn up anything, but I would suggest this. Crawl under your car and look up at the low range shift rod, get a helper to move it for you, the basic problem is that it is now too short. Just cut it in half and slip a tube over it about 3 inches long and weld it to one side, then install it with the trans in 2wd high and the lever in the right spot, so there is no stress on the linage and mark that spot to weld the tube to the other side. I think a few min under the car with someone moving the linkage will make it clear.

I didn't have one myself and a quick google didn't turn up anything, but I would suggest this. Crawl under your car and look up at the low range shift rod, get a helper to move it for you, the basic problem is that it is now too short. Just cut it in half and slip a tube over it about 3 inches long and weld it to one side, then install it with the trans in 2wd high and the lever in the right spot, so there is no stress on the linage and mark that spot to weld the tube to the other side. I think a few min under the car with someone moving the linkage will make it clear.

I will do that,

Thanks

Check your motor and tranny mounts and pitch stopper bushings to if you added bigger tires it can put more touque on those mounts while accelerating and the trans moves around causing the lever to move enuff to set off the light even shift in to 4wd