Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ferp420

Any one going this year I'm dragging my loyale down again this year last year in the forester sucked this year is different for me though instead of runing around trying to get my car together I'm gona run it as is I'm Gona trailer it down throw all my spare parts in the truck and repair as needed and spend my time working on my house right on the edge of the park by soggy lake I can almost see the northern most hammer trails from the house the property touches the park on 3 sides so I can go wheelin right out my front door

Im stoke on the loyale for this year with all the porting and custom intake manifold and free flowing exuast the thing is running like a mad dog right now and I've got some new all terains for it and a 2ft light bar It should be fun out there I just have to patch the front bumper I over loaded my trailer and was moving it over logs boards and bumpers and other car parts and I bent the reciver part all up aperently my bumper couldn't handle the 2000lb tongue wait of the unbalanced car hauler being forced over 6x6s it held but it just makes me wounded if its strong enuff for the big winch if I get pinched in somewhere and have to winch at a wiered angle so I'm Gona add some gussets and a safety chain to it just in case and try not to move any more unballenced loaded car trailers and see how it goes my only prep this year is a tire change and a bumper repair Should only be a days work which is good because I only have a few more free days before I leave

• 2 weeks later...

I got the tires on and the bumper patched up loaded the whole efin mess in the truck tossed little blue on the trailer I had 430 miles of smooth towing looked back to see stuff flying around behind the rig and pulled over one of the trailer tires disintigrated with only 20 miles to go the spare was off my old mercury meteor and the center hole was to small so I had to unpack the truck get my gear out and opened up the center hole on the side of the road packed it all back up and made it to the house im hoping to get out and explore a little today I'm gona run the LSD rear for a while see how it likes the sand I might play in the rocks a little to before I through the welded rear in im gona save the ruff wheelin for after the event I didn't bring a lot of spare parts but after that its on

Well the LSD failed miserably on the long rocky hill climbs it works good for puddle jumping and efin around but its not up to rocky hill climbs its locked diff time the winch is just too heavy to keep on the front it made for some ruff woops sections it doesn't help that the woops are as big as the car I spent most of the day in 2wd even in the dunesit was fun tomarows another day

I woke up  this morning to a flat tire there was a stick in my  side wall damb so my new tire now has a plug in the side wall oh well it worked out good for the old tire maybe I'll take it off and patch it right someday but for now I'm a gona keep on wheelin

Edited by ferp420

I got the tires on and the bumper patched up loaded the whole efin mess in the truck tossed little blue on the trailer I had 430 miles of smooth towing looked back to see stuff flying around behind the rig and pulled over one of the trailer tires disintigrated with only 20 miles to go the spare was off my old mercury meteor and the center hole was to small so I had to unpack the truck get my gear out and opened up the center hole on the side of the road packed it all back up and made it to the house im hoping to get out and explore a little today I'm gona run the LSD rear for a while see how it likes the sand I might play in the rocks a little to before I through the welded rear in im gona save the ruff wheelin for after the event I didn't bring a lot of spare parts but after that its on

You will love the welded locked diff, makes a huge difference, will add strain on axles and diff stubs , so don't overload the car

• Like 1

I love my welded diff I hardly ever get the chance to run it though I swap it out for my LSD for street use so I can still puddle jump and play in the mud around town I think my lower end is giving out though so I think its street use is gona be very limited till I swap in something else  it sounded like isht  today when I got back from the store the suspension on the other hand rocked I was hiting 45 mphs at times flying over washes and ditches and small whoops I did take the winch off its gona ride on the floorboard in the passenger seat while I'm not using it or if I can mount it somewhere in the back behind the seat i  think  that would work better for wait balence i just have to keep it from bouncing around some how I have a bracket back home so I'll install it when I get  back but for now I think I'll just strap it in some how other than the winch jack and shoval I'm running  it as light  as I can I'm hoping it holds out till I get back home

I got the welded diff installed and got the motor to quit down a bit got it out In the thick of it and hit a woop to hard to fast and blew the spring perch off if one of the rear struts after a mile or so of limping the car through the desert I stopped and I had a old piston out of something and it fit nicely around the lower bump stop and was thick enuff that to keep the tire from rubbing so I still had to limp but I wasent rubing anymore and made it back to the house with out further issues I figure I can sleave it and keep running it the perch keepers on the strut are no more so I'll have to replace the strut to do it right but for now I'll make do

Basicly I started with removing the ishty stock intake under the fender and made a true 3" intake snorkel then i took a stock intake manifold and opend it up alittle then made 1 inch spacers to go between the manifold and the head and then a spacer between the manifold and the throttle body I took the swirls out of the intake and ruffed it up a bit and made it a tumbler it adds more turbulence witch keeps the fuel air mixture in better suspension at low rpms and also creates a narrowing affect at higher flown rates so the air moves faster through the intake at higher rpms I also port matched all the openings the best I could i have no idea what this would do on a stock engine it but in combo with ported heads and custom exhaust the procomp ignition those realy exspensive spark plugs and intake snorkel it all gives me about a 20% increase in over all power it almost makes up for the bigger tires the loyale itself is.holding up good I've layer it on its side in a v notched hill climb ive wedged it between rocks sank it in mud bounced it off of trees rocks fences cargo boxes and other cars i work the snot out of this rig and was driving it daily and will be again I don't think there's a straight piece of steel left on the rig

• Like 1