Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I own a 1995 Legacy as the title suggests, after a crash, I decided to lift it and help her be more snow appropriate, and help me have a smoother ride. So per the advice from a few other lift topics, I purchased KYB 1997 outback struts to help raise it. Then I got a set of Subtle Solutions 1" lifting spacers. After finishing the front, I started getting a knocking sound whenever I turn (moving or parked.)

Could that just be the spring settling? Or potentially my CV joints? Just needing some guidance from more experienced Subaru owners. Thank you!

Interesting, I'm going to have to look into that. It doesn't sound like a bad CV joint upon doing more research. It sounds like the springs are binding up when I turn.

Hm how were the front strut mounts? (i.e. did you use new / were the old ones in good shape?) Since there is a bearing in the front strut mounts that has to be free to turn. A brainstorm idea might be since it does it stopped maybe see if it does it with the front end lifted off the ground, and if so, maybe with the wheels off you could have someone turning the wheel and try to pinpoint where the noise is coming from?

Hm how were the front strut mounts? (i.e. did you use new / were the old ones in good shape?) Since there is a bearing in the front strut mounts that has to be free to turn. A brainstorm idea might be since it does it stopped maybe see if it does it with the front end lifted off the ground, and if so, maybe with the wheels off you could have someone turning the wheel and try to pinpoint where the noise is coming from?