Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Loyale Rambln Wagon Build

Picked it up in Seattle drove it back to Oakland. 1200 miles later. Adventure approved! 

Rambn Wagon is a weekend adventure vehicle.  A sweet update from my 87 Wagon Gl  "Leon" My first Soob. 

Stoked to have got this awesome wagon through USMB. Nice guy up in Seattle. Thanks!

Previous owners have put some nice workin into project. Only fitting it seams most of the work was done somewhere in the WA forest at a subaru custom garage.  Fellow named Lance Telling made the rear bumer/Spare arm. And did most the work on the vehicle as far as I am aware.  Not sure if you're  on USMB but good job dude  :headbang:

Where she sits  

Dual range Swap

Rear Disc

15s Pugs

Intake rotate "Under hood snokel" 

Custom rear Bumper Tire Arm

Plans 

Lift 2inch

Square DL HID Headlight swap

Maxima Alt conversion

Suspension- Rear -Toyota KYB with Stock Spring

Front -Stock ford spings if I can find at local picknpull

Custom-  steel round Front light bar/bumper

Winch under bumper mount 

Skid plate

Roof Basket 

Fold out tow tongue

Current issues to fix

1)  Only had one "field" fix on drive down the Coast. After a very loud first drive. Felt around breathing in exhaust till I found the hot air blasting out of the exhaust man gasket.  Only 4 bolts, 2 new gaskets and 10$ in A cold walmart parking lot should have only taken 30 min. but of course even after long PB Bastr soak. The last bolt came out thread full of Alu so. back to O'reillies for tap and bolts... Held the whole trip... tap job was not clean but it held for 1200 miles. so im happy with it for now.

BUT... there must be more exhaust leaks cause damn! she smells at idle..

Going to switch some stuff from Gl this weekend to try to pass smog next week. If i sniff around under the hood I always go to EGR valve area. Thinking a new gasket and a good clean might help. But also going to search around when I have more time and check vacuum leaks. Whats best way? spray something and looking for idle increase? 

Any areas I should check first or advice would be appreciated!

2) Has a slight lifter tick on port side and valve cover leak on other side... 

3) Etape CEL fix needs to be sorted out. Right now im thinking to try n rewire to adjacent light so that it behaves like it should on key turn to pass smog. 

Need to check for codes but previous owner said it has been perm on since D/r trans swap... Don't understand what would cause that to go chasing right now so the electrical trick is easier i hope.. just to get through smog..  :mad:

Anyone Ever had problems with D/r swap into Loyale i'm assuming its from a GL judging on center console but that could be from different what ever its from it looks fresh! nice and clean! 

Alright here some photos!

DSC 0052

IMG 9077 2

IMG 9076 2

IMG 9189

IMG 3455

DSC 0056

Thanks

Edited by coolhandluke

Sweet rig When I got my loyale the check engine light was wired in to the alternator light it came that way from a shaddy dealer in Hayward i just figured why mess with a good thing I.didn't get any codes from doing my d/r swap but I did when I swaped in my custom intake but hay my cel on the dash doesn't show anything as long as the alternator is working lol I've smoged it 3,times like that no issues I didn't do it it came that way but the hell if I'm gona change it now