Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Update for EA 82 carb and cold intake

Hello my friends, today I was able to run the machine for a couple hours. It had some disturbing valve, lifter nois up unroll I refired, all was quite, I am thrilled with how it sounds. The 2 barrel Rochester seems tuneable, just might need a good carb person to help get it there. I haven't driven yet, just making sure all is good. I hope the hot water bypass will stand up in time. For now it looked good, ran it at set RPMs for a couple hours, no sights of leaks, so excited about it, I over analyzed fuel issue, but I learned New things. Peace my friends

Got some questions. Electric choke, hot water ran to carb base? 

Don't see any reason the hot water by-pass won't work. You could use a longer throttle cable huh? 

At one time I bought Rochester stuff from a company in Long Beach, Ca. The Carb Shop mabie.

Edited by Quidam

Got some questions. Electric choke, hot water ran to carb base?

Don't see any reason the hot water by-pass won't work. You could use a longer throttle cable huh?

At one time I bought Rochester stuff from a company in Long Beach, Ca. The Carb Shop mabie.

The Hitachi carb that I removed had hot water and exhaust heating it, figured I would play with it and see what happens, now it's manuel choke, wish I could afford a Webber. My throttle cable is to short, so thinking on using a brake cable from a motorcycle, lol

Looks like your adaptors are a nominal 1 5/8" thick. Did you use 3/4" screw in male fittings? I've found that the water passage from the top of the head can easily be enlarged and cleaned up.

These all have a .950" thickness, I didn't want to go to much in case air cleaner would hit the hood

0111161313_zpscd7u1lim.jpg

• Like 1