Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1993 Legacy Wagon

Wagonfun

Picked up a 93 Legacy wagon in August of last year. Its in pretty good shape I've just been driving back and forth to work it's proved to be solid. So I have now decided to sink some money in to it and have some Fun!

IMG_20160109_154749.jpg

Edited by Wagonfun

The old struts make some noises every once in while when you hit a bump or pothole my guess is that they are original. So I decided to get new and give her a little lift with 1997 Outback struts. Struts and springs are assembled maybe next week I'll have time to install.

IMG_20160118_130226.jpg

Before I started my 1994 Legacy sat with the top of the wheel well at 26"

IMG_20160130_134122.jpg

Found time this week to install the struts that I had prepared earlier in the month. While installing I learned a few things on the way.

1997 Outback highhats are the same as 1994 legacy highhats but only in the front. The rear of the Outback is a one piece unit and the bolt pattern is larger where as the 94 Legacy is a two piece with a small bolt pattern.

IMG_20160131_101318.jpg

The shoulder for the Outback strut is much larger to accommodate the one piece highhat spring perch set up.

IMG_20160131_100845.jpg

I Found that a 5/8 Grade #8 split washer was about the perfect fit for a shim

IMG_20160131_101410.jpgIMG_20160131_101421.jpg

So my end results turn out with 28" so I gained 2" of lift and a new set of struts! :)

IMG_20160131_114012.jpg

And Clearance enough to drive over and empty bottle sitting upright. ;)

IMG_20160131_114327.jpg

Edited by Wagonfun
  • Like 2

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Nice one mate!

Your US Gen1 wagons "look weird" with the flat roof.  We ONLY got the raised (or what I've heard called "postal wagon") roof in Oz.

Any other mods planned?

Have you played around with the other globes to try and get rid of the hot spots the LEDs have created?  I'm about to replace my globes in the cluster ;)

Cheers

Bennie

• 5 weeks later...

Bennie,

I haven't used any other LEDs yet. But I have been thinking about switching to red now getting bored with the green. I think the raised roof model here is referred to as the GT here in the States but I've only seen a handful around the flat roof is much more common. I have made a few more improvements since my last post I will get picture and put them up. :rolleyes: