Ultimate Subaru Message Board

16" WRX Wheels on 1999 Outback?

Does anyone know if the 1999 Legacy Outback Wagons were available with 16" tires and if WRX and Legacy wheels will interchange? I have an opportunity to purchase a set of 205/55ZR16 tires and wheels off a WRX. I've got 205/65R15's on my Outback. I'd hate to buy them and have a fit problem. I'm also concerned about any issues with the anti-lock brakes, and speedo. Sure appreciate any advice.

You will be going 2.5% slower than your indicated speed with the new tyres/wheels i've seen several outbacks with wrx wheels so i cant imagine you'll have any problems abs sensors dont go on the wheel they're on the hub, and we have outbacks here in OZ with 16's as std equipment

regards camo

I put a set of WRX (205/55R16) wheels and tires on our 95MY Legacy L (195/70R14) fit perfectly and fixed the speedometer that always was a little fast anyway by about 2-3%. I checked it via the interstate mile markers as well as the mile-a-minute test of doing a steady 60MPH for 1 minute to see if the mile marker line was crossed at 60 second intervals.