Ultimate Subaru Message Board

94 Loyale Dip stick length and markings.

Hi there, yesterday when I went to check my always leaking engine oil on my 94 Loyale, I was pleasantly surprised by the lack of a previously resident dipstick. I put some oil in and am not worried, but will need to replace it eventually. Junk yards around here turned up nothing, and while auto parts stores do carry generic dipsticks, they are useless unless I know the proper length. I have searched for this extensively, but found no definitive answers(somewhere around 16 inches?).

Would someone be so kind as to measure their dip stick length from the neck, as well as the lengths to the high and low markings? I am pretty sure that it needs to be a 4 wheel drive version, and I've got the ea82 single port FI if that helps.

Thanks!

• 1 year later...

If you do get a universal one... I would highly suggest doing an oil change put in the 4 recommended quarts and scribe a line.

I posted pictures up earlier in the thread for reference as I believe mine is stock. Approx 1ft. 1in. Or 13 in all together and/or 33.02 centimeters depending on where ya live ????

Edited by Len Dawg
  • Like 1