Ultimate Subaru Message Board

MHI to FHI. I've come from the dark side!

Hey guys and gals! 

I've finally caved after nearly 15 years as a DSM guy, and got a soob. I decided to go ahead and purchase a pretty project to be from a friend of mine, who's now sporting a pretty blue EJ257 STi. I am a fresh, lime-green newbie and will need all the help I can get! Currently running a full stock (minus exhaust, wheels and completely blown OEM shocks :blink: )1993 Legacy EJ22 N/A 5-speed FWD. Wanting to do full AWD swap, but still looking at which engine to choose from. She sits now at 286,341 miles, sporting some rust from some V8 owners tears and the best see-thru tint Southwest FL can offer  <_< . Cannot wait to see her grow and eventually be one heck of a sleeper!  :ph34r: Thank you all and I welcome the hate!  :wub:

post-61555-0-95902200-1453306716_thumb.jpg

post-61555-0-64977400-1453306718_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the USMB.  I have just one question . . . what is DSM?

From Google

"In the enthusiast community, "DSM", especially used in the singular (e.g. "a DSM") generally refers to the original first- and second-generation Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, and Plymouth Laser, which all shared the same Diamond-Star Motors vehicle platform."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diamond-Star_Motors

Hey guys and gals! 

I've finally caved after nearly 15 years as a DSM guy, and got a soob. I decided to go ahead and purchase a pretty project to be from a friend of mine, who's now sporting a pretty blue EJ257 STi. I am a fresh, lime-green newbie and will need all the help I can get! Currently running a full stock (minus exhaust, wheels and completely blown OEM shocks :blink: )1993 Legacy EJ22 N/A 5-speed FWD. Wanting to do full AWD swap, but still looking at which engine to choose from. She sits now at 286,341 miles, sporting some rust from some V8 owners tears and the best see-thru tint Southwest FL can offer  <_< . Cannot wait to see her grow and eventually be one heck of a sleeper!  :ph34r: Thank you all and I welcome the hate!  :wub:

Welcome!

If you get around to doing the AWD swap, check out my write-up.

http://www.surrealmirage.com/subaru/swap

Welcome, nice Legacy and great Project!

I've fixed some "DSM" (diamond Star Motors) cars here in Honduras; the 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse is in fact, an Eagle Talon; the american made 420a engine has an intake manifold that was made by Weber, it says "Weber" on the side, and is a better engine than the optional Japanese made ones on those cars (that has the Belts on the other side / mirror setup), which suffer from a Tremendous Crankwalk...

I know that you'll like the Subarus reliability and easyness to work on.

Kind Regards.