Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hey everyone, I posted about my 1995 Legacy L sedan a few weeks back, but here's a refresher.

My 95 legacy was in an accident that damaged the front bumper. So I decided to turn it into my project/winter car. So after searching online awhile about how to lift it, I decided to slap some struts from a 1997 OB and got a set of 1" Subtle Solution spacers that attach to the upper strut mount.

After doing the front, everything fit perfectly. And I was happy with the results. Only one minor thing, I have quite a bit of positive camber on my fronts. I tried adjusting the camber bolts to even it back out. But to no avail. I know I need to take it to a tire shop and have the alignment done professionally. It's lifted about 2.5-3" now, and I'm just humbly wondering if anyone has run into this, or knows how to fix it. Before taking to a shop. Thanks everyone for your time!

I think I have read threads on this where people have problems with camber adjustment with the extra 1" lift. I beleive they had to use different camber bolts. I'm sure someone that knows more will chime in soon.

Makes sense, I think that's what I'm going to need. Let's hope someone chimes in on where to find said bolts haha

You can get them from many places, Summit, etc. There's a few types. I used FastCam 14mm. There was a good thread I think it was on nasioc about how to use them since there are some important things related to not overtightening them, where to use it (top or bottom) if using one bolt on the rear etc.

You can get them from many places, Summit, etc. There's a few types. I used FastCam 14mm. There was a good thread I think it was on nasioc about how to use them since there are some important things related to not overtightening them, where to use it (top or bottom) if using one bolt on the rear etc.

Got it, I'll try and locate that post on nasioc. I read on another post that with a 2" lift, the front should be at around +.5 camber. And the rears at 2" lift should remain stock camber. Could you provide insight on that?

I don't know how much change a given inch of lift makes. I used Outback struts with King Springs lift springs on my '96, and the rears did need a fastcam bolt in order to get it to 0 camber (partly because there is no camber adjustment without replacing one of the stock strut to bearing housing bolts with a fastcam bolt). The fronts I think I was able to 0 but the stock camber bolt was pretty much at the end of its adjustment range at that point.

I don't know how much change a given inch of lift makes. I used Outback struts with King Springs lift springs on my '96, and the rears did need a fastcam bolt in order to get it to 0 camber (partly because there is no camber adjustment without replacing one of the stock strut to bearing housing bolts with a fastcam bolt). The fronts I think I was able to 0 but the stock camber bolt was pretty much at the end of its adjustment range at that point.

Right on. I will look for that fastcam bolts on summit.