Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My RX v2

rpholz

Hmm, it was my understanding it wouldn't fit the axle. What tie rod end do you use? I know the ea82 tie rods are not the appropriate size.

I've heard of people having issues with the axles bottoming out, but I haven't encountered it. I drove to work this morning in my XT6 with '92 FWD Legacy front knuckles and axles in it.

EA81 rod ends are the ticket, same threads/taper, but shorter overall length.

I, too, had rubbing issues with 225 on WRX wheels (225/60r16, IIRC), both on the trailing arm and the spring perch (Miata shocks, at the time). But I had plenty of clearance with the fender. And my 215s on my 17x8+48 Rotas had plenty of clearance with the arm, and was crazy tight against the body (and still rubbed against the frame rail in the front while turning).

So I think a 225 could be done with the right offset wheel. But anything beyond that would require fairly significant modification. And you can get a lot of grip out of a 225!

Yea see, I didn't want to run ea81 tie rods as they are only going to get harder to find with time.

I dont really intend on running more than a 225 as that is plenty for such a light car. I do plan on running that new Bridgestone RE-71R IN 225/50/16

I'm going to modify those rear trailing arm this weekend with some frame I have laying around. However I don't know what to when it comes to the spring perch. How bad did the tires rub on that? I don't wanna use spacers on my one day "daily driver. Maybe coil overs could help idk what do you recommend. Also I'm going to edit my post earlier and clean your thread up.

Edited by D3F0

Yea see, I didn't want to run ea81 tie rods as they are only going to get harder to find with time.

I dont really intend on running more than a 225 as that is plenty for such a light car. I do plan on running that new Bridgestone RE-71R IN 225/50/16

That's true, I should look into trying to find another option that might be more readily available.

I agree. 225 is a lot of tire.

D3F0. Start a build thread or something, and I'll post some pics of the rear shock setup I had that was rubbing. I don't want to get into it here.

• Like 1

just got my new laptop today so i can really start tuning on the car.

a BUNCH of misc hardware will show up from subaru tomorrow so i can button up the suspension.

we'll see how this weekend goes, suppose to help a friend look at an xt6, not sure if ill have to trailer it home for him too <_<

• Like 1

This one is VERY cool..! I worked at the local Subaru dealership when when I first saw this body style, and I totally dig it..! They were also a Honda dealership... HAHA..! One of the mechanics actually did a build which entailed transferring the drive-train from a wrecked one, into his CRX... He did get it running, but he wasn't around long enough for us to see it finished and painted, but it ran like a raped ape in that little CRX chassis... Okay, I digress, I totally dig your car..!

post-62035-0-49553200-1456407265_thumb.jpg

i love the update nice wheels and btw simple fix for the rear flip the turn the trailing arm onto the other side. Still will make a thread for it so I can show you exactly what I mean.  God I cant wait to put these wheels on my RX. They look great seriously. Did you get an alignment I don't understand? Also I am loving the new shiny stuff =)

i love the update nice wheels and btw simple fix for the rear flip the turn the trailing arm onto the other side. 

pretty sure someone did the same thing a couple years ago and i wasn't fond of the idea, not saying it won't work or won't be solid, i just didnt like it. however im pretty sure i've found extended wheel studs

Yea It is an interesting fix for sure.I believe it keeps suspension geometry completely stock too so that is what I am gonna do.

I finally got my WRX wheels too <3

https://www.rallysportdirect.com/part/wheel-studs/arp-100-7716-arp-extended-wheel-studs-5-pack

Spacers and extended wheel studs are fine though. 

I want some of these just for the strength because last year due to corrosion and slight over tightening  I was able to snap multiple 

studs in a corolla. 

Are you going to do any brake upgrades to actually be able to use all the tire beneath you.?

I'm a big advocate of proper wheel torque to prevent stud issues

Brakes? Yea rs 2 pots up front with carbotech xp10s once I figure out what I'm running in the rear I'll likely run xp10s or 12s there

Starting to look like I'll either run the Honda or Nissan calipers as I need a parking brake to pass inspection

"XP12™ has temperature range of 250°F to 1850°F" Haha I wonder how much it matters that they are not recommended

as a daily-driven street pad due to possible elevated levels of dust and noise.  

People run organic pads with the wrong pad material on aftermarket "drilled and slotted rotors for years. I've seen people even go

until its metal on metal all the time on their daily's. Obviously these during a cold winter morning would not be good until a few heat cycles. 

Deff a cool pad choice, and yea that is tough choice for the rear I am running hydro  and have friends to pass me for inspection. 

Also yea one day I used the digital torque wrench and i was surprised how little they needed.

Errrr, maybe I ment 8s in the rear. I doubt they will get that hot

Not really concerned about daily application as I've had 8's and 10's on cars I've driven every day. In fact the 8's did great on my old GF, I did start to bake them by the end of the Dragon

love the work your doing and build !

225/45R16 on 16x8 et 45 fit perfect front and back.. 45 offset is a good number in the rear.. my set up has 1.5 camber in rear and zero toe any more camber and ill rub the shock.