Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I was wondering if there are any suspension upgrades that can easily be done for hauling more weight and handling large pot holes better?  I am moving 1500 miles away and all I can bring it what will fit on a small tailer and in the car.  I am looking to run about 1000-1200# total trailer weight. I have installed a hitch and tailer harness.  Are their any rear suspension upgrades to help handle the tongue weight (will keep  it between 100-150#) plus about 300# of clothes and tools that will be in the car?

The front springs off of a 92 accord v6 will fit on the rear ea82 shock. They are way stiffer and will lift the car too. I towed a dual axle u haul trailer from Fl to NC with this set up filled with furniture. It did very well other than just not having as much as I would have liked.

The front springs off of a 92 accord v6 will fit on the rear ea82 shock. They are way stiffer and will lift the car too. I towed a dual axle u haul trailer from Fl to NC with this set up filled with furniture. It did very well other than just not having as much as I would have liked.

This is good, and also springs of '86-'89 Accord's are good for rear shock.