Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Pardon my ignorance but you didn't have one in the brat already to follow? Or to measure one against the other?

Understandable if that's the case. Things happen.

Hopefully you got a good one as many aftermarket cables just bite. I think TSK is the brand Fuji used on our Subarus. Anyhow ....

The sling hanger to me is very important.

Rather than go through the whole deal I'll just tell you I'm pretty sure we need the cable going over the steering shaft and not under. That's the typically confusing part. And to me the sling hanger verifies that necessity.

Pedal end has a small bracket that holds the cable. Take that off , hang the cable slug in the pedal end , and with keeping a little tension as to not lose the slug from the pedal , get that retainer bracket over the provided rubber cable bushing and the bracket should look snug with a lip of the rubber cable bushing showing on each side of the bracket.

Once on go through the routing in reverse. Double check the bracket , slug , cable through firewall grommet (free passage and good seal so not cold breeze on toes) , then hang the sling - spring goes up to a thin sheet metal bracket , then adjust the throw.

Pardon my ignorance but you didn't have one in the brat already to follow? Or to measure one against the other?

Understandable if that's the case. Things happen.

Hopefully you got a good one as many aftermarket cables just bite. I think TSK is the brand Fuji used on our Subarus. Anyhow ....

The sling hanger to me is very important.

Rather than go through the whole deal I'll just tell you I'm pretty sure we need the cable going over the steering shaft and not under. That's the typically confusing part. And to me the sling hanger verifies that necessity.

Pedal end has a small bracket that holds the cable. Take that off , hang the cable slug in the pedal end , and with keeping a little tension as to not lose the slug from the pedal , get that retainer bracket over the provided rubber cable bushing and the bracket should look snug with a lip of the rubber cable bushing showing on each side of the bracket.

Once on go through the routing in reverse. Double check the bracket , slug , cable through firewall grommet (free passage and good seal so not cold breeze on toes) , then hang the sling - spring goes up to a thin sheet metal bracket , then adjust the throw.

• 1 month later...