Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Northern Californian People's

Guest SubaruJunkie

Guest SubaruJunkie

Ok... I know there has to be a couple people from Northern california. The snow is melting and its time to go get the subaru's dirty. I usually take the sube into the Sierra Mountains in Kyburz or near there... Also Sonora area. Anybody interested in planning a meet??

-Brian

• 1 month later...
Guest NV  Zeno

I dunno Bri, the last few days have been a little too toasty to survive driving mine...:P

Sounds like a real gas, tho. The USFS trails around Tahoe ought to be open soon, the tall trees and 7000' elevation provide much needed shade:D .

• 2 months later...
Guest hugota

Well, I now have an 87 that had an engine fire and a 90 that needs a clutch and possibly tranny work (4th gear pops out almost instantly). Any talent to pick brains from in the SF Bay area?

How about a club or????

Hugo

Guest SubaruJunkie

Ive been trying to form a club for a while. There arent many of us, but the few that there are all live in the bay area.

I live in Sacramento.

-Brian

Guest turboroo

hey brian im down for an adventure:D I am busy a lot but I would like to hook up and play in the dirt. we talked about this a while back and it did not pan out. the RX is leagl now. let me know.

Guest turboroo

I am confident in its abilty to go thru some good trails. not a lot of clearance or traction but the body kit will be off. driver ability can get you a long ways. not trying to sound cocky but I am a decent driver in the dirt, rocks and mud.:cool:

there was a cool trail that starts from near sugar bowl and leads out to auburn some wet spots, some high speed rally sections. been a few years but it was kinda fun. lots of side paths off the main road makes it a little confusing. A good map would help along with my gps.8o

I know of a few others that are more suited to my truck than the RX.

hugo fill out your bio, where are you exacty? I am down in south san jo.my man donald is down in holister(stormtrooper).

Guest SubaruJunkie

The wheeling that i like to do, you need nice low revs to get through. THe RX is great and all, but a turbo car will only make it harder to off-road where i go.

But by all means, im ready and willing. My wagon will be in the garage for a while getting worked on and prepped for another trip. I'll let you know when she's ready.

-Brian

Guest turboroo

sound good to me. I also have a toyota 4x4 if you think the RX would not be able to hang. but I would like to keep it all sube if possible. I know when to stop if things get too nasty. turbo wont hold me back. crapy stock size tires might though. it does have low range too. I have been wanting an excuse to try that out.:)

Guest SubaruJunkie

Well, the buddy i always go out with has a 94 Jeep Wrangler with some nice tires and a mild lift. A toyota would not look out of place, and it would probably go more places we go.

Right now the wagon will remain in the garage for about a week. But i have next Wed, Thurs and Fri off, so maybe one of those days we all can go.

-Brian